Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results after 4 Weeks page

lala70 is offline Senior Member

Results after 4 Weeks

Hi there,

I just finished 4 weeks of primal as of yesterday.I have not had dairy,sugar,grains or any alcohol. I am down 6.5 pounds, which I have to say is a little disappointing.I am happy I am down the 6.5 pounds, but thought I would see better results.I thought just giving up alcohol alone that I would see more of a weight loss. I restrict calories and try to stay under 1500 a day and keep my carbs below 30 grams per day,I also go at least 16 hours from my supper to having breakfast and try to eat within an 8 hour period. I am still drinking protein shakes mixed with coconut milk,I'm not sure if that is stalling my weight?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    So it's working really well, and you're disappointed. Awesome! After the initial water loss, I lost an average of a pound a month for ~two years. Pounds that have not come back. It's for life, so take your sweet time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    So it's working really well, and you're disappointed. Awesome! After the initial water loss, I lost an average of a pound a month for ~two years. Pounds that have not come back. It's for life, so take your sweet time.
    I guess I should have said that I am " surprised " rather then disappointed. I thought that going 100% primal with the exception of protein shakes that I would see a little more of loss .

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If that's all fat loss that's never going to come back, it's a huge success. You're doing great!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If that's all fat loss that's never going to come back, it's a huge success. You're doing great!
    Thanks! Maybe I should get rid of the scales !

14emom is offline Member
    Getting rid of the scale is probably a good idea, if that's the only thing you use to gauge your success. Are you exercising? Just wondering, because if you are, eating under 1500 calories is probably not enough, and eventually that's going to backfire. What are your goals? Anyway, just listen to YOUR body, we all have different variations that we follow here, but you need to find what works for you. Congrats on the 6.5 lb loss, keep pressing on, consistency is the key!!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    You lost 1.625 lbs per week. That’s not bad at all. You may want to ditch the shakes. Are you eating too many nuts or fruit? Getting plenty of sleep? Exercising? I agree with the above that 1,500 calories per day might be a little low.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From your counter in your sig line, it appears that a 23 pound loss is your goal. You're a quarter of the way there! Keep that up and you'll be at goal by April.

I don't agree with upping calories to lose weight only because it has never worked for me. If you're losing weight on 1500 cal/day and eating in a healthful manner, you've found what works for you.

I know that 23 pounds seems like a lot to you, but usually when people lose 15-20 pounds their first month, it's because they have a lot more weight than that to lose. You're doing great.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
    You lost 1.625 lbs per week. That’s not bad at all. You may want to ditch the shakes. Are you eating too many nuts or fruit? Getting plenty of sleep? Exercising? I agree with the above that 1,500 calories per day might be a little low.
    I haven't been working out as much as I should be,I get about 7 hours of sleep a night and I don't eat any nuts or fruit ( I will rarely add a half of a banana to my protein shake ) .

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    From your counter in your sig line, it appears that a 23 pound loss is your goal. You're a quarter of the way there! Keep that up and you'll be at goal by April.

I don't agree with upping calories to lose weight only because it has never worked for me. If you're losing weight on 1500 cal/day and eating in a healthful manner, you've found what works for you.

I know that 23 pounds seems like a lot to you, but usually when people lose 15-20 pounds their first month, it's because they have a lot more weight than that to lose. You're doing great.
    You are right! Instead of looking at this as "only" a 6.5 weight loss, I should be looking at it as being a quarter of the way there ! Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast