Thread: Hello from Scotland page

sharicat is offline Junior Member

Hello from Scotland

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, I'm Emma, my husband and I started PB on the 1st of January. I have a hormonal imbalance and adrenal problems since having my 2nd child 2 years ago, and I am determined to clean up my diet and lifestyle in an effort to help balance my hormones naturally. I was surviving on sugar and caffeine! I suffer from anxiety and occasionally depression, both of which have been hugely improved by cutting sugar out.

I am naturally slim and at the moment I am underweight for my height (5' 7", just over 8 stone). I dropped a bit when I first started PB, so as well as protein I am eating loads of fat (coconut and olive oil) and have added rice and potatoes and dairy back into my diet in an effort to stop losing. It has resulted in my energy having peaks and troughs, which is annoying!

So, hi. Any advice for a skinny newbie would be appreciated

meatandfiveveg is offline Junior Member
    Hello Emma,
    I'm in Scotland too, and started low-carbing on 7 Jan! Discovered PB through Mumsnet a couple of weeks ago and I'm sold. Really enjoying the changes I've seen. Sorry can't give you any advice but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.
    Good luck!
    Alison

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Hi Emma, try adding lots of butter to everything! Grahams organic is good and not hard to find.

sharicat is offline Junior Member
    Hi Alison, yay I'm a mumsnetter too! Thanks fifer, good shout with the butter. I'm eating organic full fat cream, Greek yogurt and cheese too, but the low energy this results in is really bumming me out just trying to find a good balance is tricky.