Thread: Since going primal my family has ... page

nuraan is offline Senior Member

Since going primal my family has ...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ... been benefitting in so many ways.

I've always thought this way of life is the right thing to do BUT it seemed like a lonely uphill battle convincing my family especially since its been a bit hectic overcoming my own food issues, so i decided to just cook primal meals and if they wanted anything else they could just do it themselves. Ive been doing this for months and just recently - 3 weeks - was focused on going 100% - today I realised the impact its had on my family:

- my hubbie that often suffers from joint problems in his hands, knees, shoulder, etc commented this morning that he's been pain free for the past two months. He also normally gets ravenous by the time we get home from work and the past few days he said he could wait for supper without feeling hungry. He also sleeps better, has more energy and has lost some weight.

- my daughter (16yrs) has been able to focus better at school and has become leaner without trying or depriving herself and is not as stressed

- my son (18yrs) can also concentrate better on his school work and has more energy and seems to be less moody

what's you experience been with your family and friends?

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraan View Post
    what's you experience been with your family and friends?
    They LOVE my food!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    They LOVE my food!!!
    ...for sure!!! definitely MUCH better than my old diet days with dried out old rice crackers and fat free everything

Blueberry is offline Member
    I'm still working on my family. When I originally went primal 3 years ago we all jumped at the deep end and did really well. I lost weight my hubby's digestion issues seemed to get better and kids were happy, but then life happened in a big way and the diet slowly fell by the wayside...
    I have started again at the beginning of the year but only with myself for now although there is less of the non-primal food around these days and kids see me eating my food and are interested. We'll see what happen, I am sure they will follow suit in their own time.
    Interesting thread though

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I'm still working on my family. When I originally went primal 3 years ago we all jumped at the deep end and did really well. I lost weight my hubby's digestion issues seemed to get better and kids were happy, but then life happened in a big way and the diet slowly fell by the wayside...
    I have started again at the beginning of the year but only with myself for now although there is less of the non-primal food around these days and kids see me eating my food and are interested. We'll see what happen, I am sure they will follow suit in their own time.
    Interesting thread though
    Hi Blueberry glad to hear your kids are interested. Its difficult to convince your family that they eating things that are harmful to them when their friends eat the same junk and it tastes good . My kids still have toasted sarmies, fries, rice/rotis with their curry but for the most they are just too lazy to not eat what i give them and i totally refuse to make the bad stuff so if they want it they will have to make it themselves. For example, my son loves pasta so he will make lasagna or mac & cheese maybe once a month - which is fine with me. I've started a primal scrap/cookbook with all the recipes that we like which really helps when i get tired of the same old same old - like a coconut icecream recipe that i found and will try on the guinea pigs this weekend.

Good Luck with your new start ... hope 2013 is your year

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    My children sleep better, and are much happier over all. (5 and 2.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    My children sleep better, and are much happier over all. (5 and 2.5)
    Glad to hear that Ayla - thats the cutest age and all the better when they are happy

coryskyes is offline Junior Member
    yeah,i think so,definitely MUCH better than my old diet days with dried out old rice crackers and fat free everything.good