Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some guy in the gym threatened to beat me up, over diet. LOL!!! page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

Some guy in the gym threatened to beat me up, over diet. LOL!!!

Shop Now
    I'm not joking, even though it was absolutely hilarious!!!! LOL! I'm telling you all because it was funny.

I was at the gym today and some older guy was bragging to some younger guys about the new diet he was doing. I always talk to the younger guy and we were doing squats together earlier with a few other guys. So that's why I jumped into the conversation, just being friendly. Then the old guy got furious when I told them I fasted for an entire weekend.

So we had a disagreement. That lead him to eventually insulting me and saying I have skinny legs. And I take that as a challenge because I've always worked hard on my legs and have been known to have pretty strong legs. So I asked him to load up the squat rack with me "right now" and see who could squat more. He refused, then asked me to do a pose down to see who was more muscular.

Of course I refused to that one because I'm not a bodybuilder, nor would I ever want to go up on stage in bikini bottoms in front of a bunch of other men. LOL!! I said it was for pansies. And that's when the guy asked me to go outside so he could kick my ass. I cooled the situation down shortly after that however.

When I talked to one of the younger guys after, he said that guy was a nice guy and he never saw him act like that before. It really made me wonder. What was the matter with him? Was he on steroids? I am convinced that he was, or maybe too many monsters or something.

LOL! I am sorry if this was a stupid thread. But I had to tell. Because it was funny. I think in reality, the guy was the one who was actually being preachy, because he thought he knew better because he was older, and that's why he was mad. But I can't see how it lead to verbal attacks and eventually threat to physical harm. It was crazy.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Crazy shit alright.
    What a shame he was too afraid to squat

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    jealousy, jealousy, jealousy !!!!!! thats about all this old Gwamma can say...........
    AND when you go to the gym tomorrow - hold your head high, and show off that amazing body !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Dare we ask what his "new diet" was?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Dare we ask what his "new diet" was?
    Carb backloading.

I thought the diet was interesting. I have no disagreement on it. But as I see it, "diets" are for people who need training wheels. I like to have more freedom and flexibility than that.

The funny thing is, that guy was trying to claim to me that he was a doctor and that he was lifting since before I was borne, and that magically meant that he was right and I was wrong. But again, if he was a doctor and really knew what he was talking about, then why would he be trying out some brand new "diet" out of a book?

Jesster is offline Member
    Carb backloading is nothing new. I believe Schwarzenegger was doing it back in the 70's.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I never trust someone just because they are "older." Everyone has to prove themselves to me at some level. LOL I'm not very trusting. But yeah. . .i've been in similar situations in the gym. Though, as a girl, people are unlikely to try to beat me up. But get heated and insulting over nothing? Definitely. LOL

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    I got into a massive argument in the changing rooms with a guy spouting broscience to my friend - who is a chronic underwater (just doesn't really care about food, wonders why he's not gaining, etc) - with all the "eat six meals a day, casein before bed, no carbs after six". Not even kidding about that. He actually said "no carbs after six". To a really, really skinny nutritionally uneducated guy.

Bleh. Some people can just be pains like that. Guess he thought the same of me when I argued back, refuting all his broscience bullshitery and pointing out hat no, saturated fats are not linked to cardiovascular disease and no, whole grains are nt the best thing for you.
    And I ony eat once a day, typically. After six. He flipped out at that.

But yeah, he too seemed like a pretty nice guy. Right up until I told him he was wrong - or rather, not necessarily right.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Which is why I never get involved in diet and food related discussions. It's a touchy topic and typically everyone thinks they're right.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Which is why I never get involved in diet and food related discussions. It's a touchy topic and typically everyone thinks they're right.
    It's just like religion and politics. . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast