Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some guy in the gym threatened to beat me up, over diet. LOL!!! page 2

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just can't shake the image of a bent over 80yo bald man yelling and waving his cane at you! I know that's not what he must have looked like, but the whole thing sounded just a few steps away from "Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!!"

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It'd be a lot scarier if the old guy was an octogenarian waving a stick at you while looking like Mark Sisson. I'd run.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    i would have been laughing at both of you morons... you challenged an old guy to a squat-off? did you have a pee-pee measuring contest too? don't get me wrong, this dude sounds like a douche, but you shouldn't have stooped to his level. to quote the late-great george carlin, "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Disagree--I think the squat-off was a perfect way to end that argument! Too bad Mr. Roid Rage didn't man up and squat!

That whole situation sounds hilarious and I wish it had been filmed.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Disagree--I think the squat-off was a perfect way to end that argument! Too bad Mr. Roid Rage didn't man up and squat!
    The old guy mentioned that the original poster has skinny legs, not weak legs. A posedown would be more appropriate than a squat-off to prove him wrong. Unfortunately, the original poster was not up for the challenge.

Also, I bet they were both being preachy. And childish.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Which is why I never get involved in diet and food related discussions. It's a touchy topic and typically everyone thinks they're right.
    amen. Same with politics.
    ad astra per aspera

Dynastinae is offline Member
    Give ripped a break. I'm glad he put the geezer in his place. Besides, what good are big legs if they can't do anything? All show, no go.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Dude lets face it....he didn't threaten to beat you up over diet. Sure that started your little bro down, but the threatening didn't come in until you called him a pansy and went on about stage performing and such.

Either way this is just hilarious stuff all round. Makes me kinda glad if I go to the gym its just the freaking YMCA.... the old guys there are much less likely to challenge me to a pose off.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-30-2013 at 07:13 AM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You should have just started loading up the bar anyway.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

FiveX is offline Member
    Gyms attract a wide variety of people, of all shapes in sizes! You have the roided screamers, the walk around 10 mins. between setters, the starers, the stinkers, the over perfumers, and the list goes on...I've had enough of gyms over the years and run around in the woods now trying to catch Grok. I do have my faithful "Total Gym," remember Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley? and for the past 20 years it's been my go to exercise piece!

The best thing to do with idiots in gyms or anywhere is to nod your head slightly yes (yes you're an A-hole), hold your hand up slightly between the two of you (they will see this as a sign of submission, actually a five fingered flip off), and turn slowly to your left (if your right handed) and walk away. 99% of the time this completes the interaction, however they may physically attack you. At this point continue pivoting to the left which will put your strong leg and arm towards them. You can use this momentum to punch with your right hand, use your left hand as a shield. Their arms will most likely be extended, aim under their left arm just beneath the ribcage. Or don't punch, simply complete your pivot which should place you slightly to their left, and use both your arms to shove them as they charge by. They will usually fall to the floor because of their momentum, or at least stumble off 20 or so feet. Now think! Evaluate the situation and take action! Follow up with kicks and strikes, or a safer approach...run like hell! (That's why sprinting weekly is so important) Anyways, i guess that's why I run around in the woods these days, sorry for rambling, Peace....5x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast