Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing Body Fat page

Phillykid is offline Senior Member

Losing Body Fat

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys so I'm about one month into being primal. So far I feel great and never hungry. I've managed to get a little lean, but feel like it's going too slowly. Based off of my old posts, I learned that I should be eating a lot more for my physical attributes. But i was wondering, as I start to lose weight, should i decrease calories as well to lose body fat? I read success stories and everyone was became really lean took about half a year to a year, but never really stated how much calories they we're eating. I'm wondering if I took the concept of calories having context too literally. If you guys can answer this, it would be helpful. Eating healthy is #1, but at the same time, I want to get leaner quicker.

Height: 5"6
    Weight: 140
    Body Fat: Roughly 18%

Calories: 1800-2000 a day.
    A lot of fat and protein, 50 grams or less of carbs depending on if I eat fruits.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    id give it a few more months of eating primal foods when hungry before you worry about macros or anything.
    It can take time. This is about getting healthy, and weight loss generally follows.

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    It goes a little slower when you don't have much to lose. It's a long term project at that point so give it time.

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    So I'll still continue to lose fat even if I eat the same amount of calories?

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    So I'll still continue to lose fat even if I eat the same amount of calories?
    you can try cycling your calories. eat at maintenance on days that you work out and cut back on the days that you don't. The leaner you get the harder it is to get even more lean. you can also try shaking up your workout routine. Take a week off then continue training.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Dude - reality check
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    LOL

I like the deer one.....I've had that very thought...

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Try doing some heavy lifting along with whatever you're eating. It's more effective than diet alone IMO.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Are you a male or female?

If you're a female I can see why you'd want to lose some weight. A body weight of 115 lbs would be the minimum. And yes, calories always counts when trying to lose "weight".

If you're a male, I'd say you need to start lifting some heavy weights. Let 155 lbs be your predicted maximum body weight, and don't allow yourself to get any bigger than that no matter how strong you get. You can go through short periods of time (such as several weeks) where you'd cut calories to drop the extra fat away. The end goal would be to be lean at roughly 155 lbs. That's why you never let yourself go over, because you don't want to allow yourself to get fat; you want to lose it instead.

paleodog is offline Member
    Mark's book "Primal Blueprint" talks about intermittant-fasting "IF" as a way to help the bodies metabolism get on a primal rythem. You might want to check that out also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast