Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frankenfoods Thread page 2

Primal Pamme is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would like to add anything that one can make at home in just a few minutes, like boiled eggs, but isn't necessarily a frankenfood, just an unnecessarily processed food. Yes, they actually sell bags of peeled and boiled eggs.

HCl
    HCl is offline Junior Member
    Anything produced by Walden Farms.
    Walden Farms | Calorie Free Specialties
    My grocery store has an entire shelf of this crap, and it makes me cringe every time I walk by. Calorie free! Fat free! Gluten free! Carb free! Sugar free!
    BECAUSE IT'S NOT FOOD!
    Seriously. Makes me want to scream and punch things.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hot Pockets as advertized "now made with real cheese". Um, okay. As opposed to previously made with what ?
    Ugh, when I think about how that used to be my usual lunch staple for years.
    That, along with the imitation shredded cheese gotta be some of the worst. And that cheese like stuff in a spray can.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend likes Soy Jerky. I tried it once and it was creepily just like the real thing (how the hell did they match the texture so perfectly??) and I couldn't stop eating it because it tasted really good. That just HAS to be bad.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Pamme View Post
    I would like to add anything that one can make at home in just a few minutes, like boiled eggs, but isn't necessarily a frankenfood, just an unnecessarily processed food. Yes, they actually sell bags of peeled and boiled eggs.
    I've seen those. They cost WAY more than raw eggs do, and they contain preservatives too. Seriously, it's like people WANT to eat chemicals.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Hot Pockets as advertized "now made with real cheese". Um, okay. As opposed to previously made with what ?
    Ugh, when I think about how that used to be my usual lunch staple for years.
    That, along with the imitation shredded cheese gotta be some of the worst. And that cheese like stuff in a spray can.
    I wonder what would happen to the sales of imitation products if they had to label them as imitation? It took me forever to realize that "coffee creamer!" was made of soy and had no actual cream anywhere near it. "Imitation coffee creamer" sounds much less appealing.

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Microwave burritos
    Non-dairy creamer
    Anything you can buy at a gas station

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Velveeta. That stuff makes me want to gag. Oh, and chicken nuggets made of mechanically separated pink chicken paste.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    The health section of my local store has rice cheese, soy cheese, and an entire wall of "milk" that doesn't come from animals. What. The. Hell?
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I once bought some vegan "cheese" that was supposed to be a replacement for parmesan. Fortunately, WFoods has a very mellow return policy. "It sucks," was reason enough for a refund.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast