Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibrams/ Nike Air worthwhile for non-athletes? page

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member

Vibrams/ Nike Air worthwhile for non-athletes?

Primal Fuel
    While I'm definitely going to up my activity levels, I'm never going to be a big runner, and actually, around here, most running will -have- to be with solid shoes or I'll risk serious injury. I'll be using my mountain bike more than running.

Wondering if Vibrams would be worthwhile for foot/leg healthy movement during low-key activity (around the house and garden) or if they are primarily designed for actual running.

Mostly I have bare feet indoors and hiking boots outdoors. (They are good boots which allow plenty of room around the toes).

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I don't do sprints in my Vibrams (yet), and pretty much just walk around the city, but yeah they've been totally worth it for me. Have increased my walking about 40% I'd say. I can't stand to wait for the bus anymore, and taking the subway is just torture. I'd rather walk. So, I give them a thumbs up. My feet feel like they're getting stronger too.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I have been wearing my Vibrams since I got them. I will never wear anything else. Walking, running, hiking... they work for everything. I just consider them essential protection for my soles.

I love summertime because I get to run around barefoot and wear flipflops. I always hated winter when I had to go back to shoes. Bare feet just feel so much better, and they hurt less after a long day of work. Now with Vibrams I get to be barefoot all year long. It's wonderful!

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I wear my VFF all the time, they are great for anytime you can't be barefoot. My wife who use to make fun of me now has a pair she wares all the time.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I just bought a pair of performas that I can wear to work.

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    I have a couple pair of Treks I pretty much just wear around as a casual shoe -- great for going around town "barefoot" without actually being barefoot (or even around the house in cooler weather -- keeps the feet nice 'n warm)... I eventually might use them (the Treks) for some hiking, but for now I use the KSO's for workouts, etc.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Well, I got my VFFs (sprints) in the mail this morning and wore them all day. Granted it was only one afternoon, but I loved loved loved them. I will wear them as often as I possibly can.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if anyone has used them for rockclimbing? No hard sole for edging like standard rockclimbing shoes, but could be interesting for a more natural experience of the rock.

kojo147 is offline Junior Member
    I actually just used my Vibram KSOs for some bouldering/rock climbing recently and they worked perfectly! I was able to wedge my toes around the rocks and they had enough traction to grip the bare wall if I needed them too. Personally I would choose them over constricting climbing shoes any day

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For just daily activities and walking around, what would be the best variety of VFFs? The KSOs? I like how they go up the foot farther than the Classic style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast