Hi, everyone! I'm finally taking the leap and am very excited about it! However, I'm also a feeling guily about trying to get healthy. My husband and I have always done new food things together until about 2 1/2 years ago when he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I had heard of Crohn's prior to his diagnosis but didn't know the details until he got hit. "Normal" Crohn's patients go into remission and ususally have to deal with the painful and embarrassing bouts 2 - 4 times a year. There has not been one day of remission for him in 2 1/2 years. Most of his food requirements are totally opposite of primal with the exception of protein. His vegetable and fruit selection is very limited, and rice, potatoes, other starches are encouraged. On top of that, he is deathly allergic to coconut, has been his whole life. I've personally experienced his accidental ingestion of coconut from eating a "nutrition" bar, and it scared me to death! His throat started closing, and he started vomiting. After that incident, he always reads lables and asked about dish ingredients in restaurants.

So, making the decision to cook things using coconut oil and coconut flour knowing he can't eat them makes me feel very selfish, but he understands my desire to be as healthy as I can be so I can take care of him. I am really enjoying trying the new recipes, and some of them I can share with my husband. Question - What is the best substitute for coconut oil and flour I can use so he can share and enjoy more dishes with me?

A little about me: I'm 53, married (you probably figured that out already), have two grown sons and two beautiful grandbabies (6 & 3), and two grown stepchildren. I'm 5'6", 149 lbs (this morning), down from 155 when I stopped eating crap food two weeks ago. Yeah, I know what I've lost is all water and the extra weight I gained from Thanksgiving to Christmas, but it's a start. I work in IT and spend most of my days on my butt. That is changing immediately!!