Thread: Primal snacks for a college kid page

jtuwiner is offline Junior Member

Primal snacks for a college kid

Primal Fuel
    What snacks can be kept in a college dorm room which has a microwave, freezer, and fridge but no kitchen?

I have some nuts, dark chocolate, and tea, but it's been 6 months and I'd like to try some new snacks. Today I had a banana with some almond butter and honey, which was insanely good. I'm looking for stuff like that -- easy to make but tasty and different.

So...suggestions?

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Pork Rinds. Just plain old Pork Rinds will do. My nearby Alid's sells these super cheap plain Pork Rinds by Clancy's that are really good ... they make perfect dipping vehicles for about anything, so you could make your own Primal version of nachos out of them if you'd like.

Loose meat is always good, easy to make ham and a cheese wraps. I'll try to think of some more, but those are my two go to snacks: Pork Rinds and Meat/Cheese wraps.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My mom taught me this egg trick:

Crack an egg into a ramekin. Microwave. 30 seconds usually gets it perfect in my oven. You'll have to experiment with yours. It doesn't get much quicker or easier.

Beef jerky is also a good snack, as is dried fruit. There's also the classic ants-on-a-log, which I've recently rediscovered with almond butter instead of peanut butter.