Sometimes I think it's kinda easy to get trapped in the "what can I put inside me" mode of thinking. After all, that's what our culture is all about. What food can I eat, what medicine can I take, what can I put inside me to change everything?

I honestly think the OTHER stuff in the Primal Blueprint helps just as much as the diet. Here's a list of the one that help me most:

Sunshine
I make a conscious effort to get sunshine on my face and arms every day. I try to see sunlight with my eyes without sunglasses every day, too. I think it's very important for both the Vitamin D and also for the circadian rhythm and also to have a better sense of the changing of the season. When I don't get enough sun, I really notice I don't feel as happy or vital.

Sleep
On purpose I go to bed as early as 8:30 or even 8pm if I'm really tired. I do it completely without apology. Adequate sleep is so important for having a good mood and for having a healthy and strong body. With proper sleep I seem to do better around food and basically everything works better with enough sleep.

Sprinting
I think it's under-appreciated, especially for the older crowd like me. It's really awesome to go out to the track and just get it done fast, especially when there's someone else there slogging along taking their medicine of x number of times around the track = x number of calories burned. It's totally making me stronger and more vibrant inside.

Lifting Heavy Things
A lot of older people avoid this. I admit it's really easy to overtrain when you are older and make yourself feel like shit. But once you get the timing of it right, it can make a huge difference. I look pretty much the same, but I'm rock hard all over and this pleases me greatly. Everything physical feels easier to do. I feel younger, more confident, more vital and even more limber. It's good medicine.

There are other parts of the PB that don't get a lot of focus. This is the full list of them:

1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
3. Lift heavy things.
4. Run really fast every once in a while.
5. Get lots of sleep.
6. Play.
7. Get some sunlight every day.
8. Avoid trauma.
9. Avoid poisonous things.
10. Use your mind.

I think missing from the list is spending time in nature. Spending time in nature or at least taking notice of the nature around me also helps me feel vital and healthy.

How about you? Are any of the other, non-food-related Primal things make a big difference for you?