Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The OTHER stuff in the PB page 2

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I honestly think people don't pay enough attention to these other things. They are equally as important as losing weight.
    For the non-obese, probably more important. Good reminder. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    swim in the sea. and also i reckon some form of stretching for flexibility and dancing maybe. plus some form of spiritual practise. and superfluous technology avoidance.
    I always find the sea to be very therapeutic. About 15 years ago I had a nasty case of carpal, was taking NSAIDs, went to the shore for the weekend and spent a lot of time in the water. Symptoms gone. Usually gets rid of minor aches for some reason, perhaps mineral content?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Avoid unnecessary stress and get plenty of forbidden and dangerous sex!
    Bahhahaha
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ConnieSB is offline Member
    VERY good post sbhikes! I need to bookmark this one so I can refer back to it when I'm letting work related stress get to me (seems to happening a lot lately!)

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I always find the sea to be very therapeutic. About 15 years ago I had a nasty case of carpal, was taking NSAIDs, went to the shore for the weekend and spent a lot of time in the water. Symptoms gone. Usually gets rid of minor aches for some reason, perhaps mineral content?
    there is that theory that we were at least semi aquatic once. interestingly magnesium is apparently best absorbed transdermally. i do feel alot calmer and more centred when i have been in the sea and it isnt just relief that i made it out without jaws getting me!

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I agree with all of this, it isn't just the food we eat that is important. I think a big one for me is to spend plenty of time with family and friends. When I am around my friends and family I am happier, more content, in a better mood, and generally just enjoy life more. Don't get me wrong, a sdy or two by myself is great once in awhile too, but I'm definitely a social being that feels better being around other people most of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12