Thread: Have teensy changes in your routine led to big results? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Have teensy changes in your routine led to big results?

Primal Fuel
    Have you made many small healthy tweaks to you normal paleo/primal regime that have led to significant changes? I'm always reading these articles in Shape on on the news that say things like "Eat This NOT That and save 300 calories a week/Drop 7 pounds, etc."
    Has something similar worked for you? In the past I've gone bat-shit crazy with eating super-clean, working out like a boss, etc, then I just get burned out, overwhelmed and give up.
    think I'm going to try little tweaks, like actually doing mini exercises at my stand-up desk, etc.
    Have you done anything like this?

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    This week I am experimenting with sunrise walks and black coffee.
    Let me explain, I am working on going to bed by 11:00 at night, and waking up by 6:30 in the morning, which is right about when the sun come up. I also enjoy my morning coffee every day, but I always use heavy cream or make it bulletproof, and this is leading to an extra 200-400 calorie increase in fat every day. So, I figure I can cut the calories this week and try to acclimate to black coffee, and also utilize the coffee's effect of having more lipids available in your bloodstream (I think) by taking a brisk 30 minute walk with the coffee. Mark said in a post a while back that coffee frees up fats that are immediately usable in your blood stream, and that to really make the best of it you should move around a bit to use these fats instead of just storing them again.

Long story short I've been doing this for 2 days now and I swear my pants are looser than they were on Sunday. Could be coincidence, but maybe not. I'm going to keep it up for a week and see where it gets me.

Good luck on your tweaks!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    This week I am experimenting with sunrise walks and black coffee.
    Let me explain, I am working on going to bed by 11:00 at night, and waking up by 6:30 in the morning, which is right about when the sun come up. I also enjoy my morning coffee every day, but I always use heavy cream or make it bulletproof, and this is leading to an extra 200-400 calorie increase in fat every day. So, I figure I can cut the calories this week and try to acclimate to black coffee, and also utilize the coffee's effect of having more lipids available in your bloodstream (I think) by taking a brisk 30 minute walk with the coffee. Mark said in a post a while back that coffee frees up fats that are immediately usable in your blood stream, and that to really make the best of it you should move around a bit to use these fats instead of just storing them again.

Long story short I've been doing this for 2 days now and I swear my pants are looser than they were on Sunday. Could be coincidence, but maybe not. I'm going to keep it up for a week and see where it gets me.

Good luck on your tweaks!
    Thanks! Same to you! New Mexico must be great for those walks!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Little changes:
    1. Making sure I get sun on my skin and in my eyes. Does wonders for my well-being.
    2. Sleep. Better sleep = better response to whatever you eat.

In fact, I think if you eat a decent diet it really doesn't matter what exactly you eat or whether you play around with macros or fasting or whatever, if you don't at least get some sun and good sleep, the obsession with dietary tweaks isn't really going to get you very far.

After the above 2 items, I'd add doing the PB Fitness things. They really are a means toward fantastic health. I think the diet supports the fitness and the fitness supports the diet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2