Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Original barefoot shoe kind of

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    33

    Original barefoot shoe kind of

    Hey all, I saw where Mark suggest the Vibram Five Fingers. I will have to say that I like them. However, I love my original barefoot shoes. I have two pair of hand made, for my feet only, moccasins. They are like there is nothing there. They are to last upwards of 10-25 years with proper care. I love walking in them anywhere. They let you feel the Earth and all the differences in the ground. You can even wear these to work if you chose. I've worn my black ones with suits and just about everywhere a normal shoe will go and is accepted. The best thing is, they allow your foot to spread and breath. It is suggested not to wear socks with them. I've worn them in cold winters and hot summers,my feet are always comfortable and warm or cool. I'll post a pic later if you wish and let you know where to get them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishscott View Post
    Hey all, I saw where Mark suggest the Vibram Five Fingers. I will have to say that I like them. However, I love my original barefoot shoes. I have two pair of hand made, for my feet only, moccasins. They are like there is nothing there. They are to last upwards of 10-25 years with proper care. I love walking in them anywhere. They let you feel the Earth and all the differences in the ground. You can even wear these to work if you chose. I've worn my black ones with suits and just about everywhere a normal shoe will go and is accepted. The best thing is, they allow your foot to spread and breath. It is suggested not to wear socks with them. I've worn them in cold winters and hot summers,my feet are always comfortable and warm or cool. I'll post a pic later if you wish and let you know where to get them.
    Sounds good. I'm interested, at least.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Sounds good. I'm interested, at least.
    Terry check them out below.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    678
    I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

    Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
    You can buy a kit from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Silver Creek Leather Small Indian Scout Moccasin Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby or at any boy scout hut.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    You can buy a kit from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Silver Creek Leather Small Indian Scout Moccasin Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby or at any boy scout hut.
    No, those kits don't last. Been there,done that. Now I have these that are custom made to my foot and will out last me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
    Dee, Paul, who owns and makes these can definately fix you up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,516
    This lady makes amazing moccasins. She's in Australia so too far away for me to have some.
    Moccasins - First class maker of mocassins, ceramics, sculpture, art, raw food, baskets, books, woollies, other stuff... and round things
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh man, these I've got are so much better. Check them out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    OMG thank you!
    Must. Buy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •