Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original barefoot shoe kind of page 2

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh man, these I've got are so much better. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Sounds good. I'm interested, at least.
    Terry check them out below.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I've long thought that I'd like to switch to mocassins. The problem I've found is that I can't find someone to make them, so I'll have to make my own. I just want leather, no beadwork, no rubber sole, no fur. Just leather, and over the ankle. Hard to find.
    Dee, Paul, who owns and makes these can definately fix you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    You can buy a kit from Hobby Lobby or Michael's Silver Creek Leather Small Indian Scout Moccasin Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby or at any boy scout hut.
    No, those kits don't last. Been there,done that. Now I have these that are custom made to my foot and will out last me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Crazy Crow sells a verity of moccasins and patterns if you want to make your own. They cater to Mountain Man and Pow Wow rendezvous Crazy Crow Trading Post

Rendezvous will also have someone selling them. You can search by state for dates near you Mountain Man Rendezvous Calendar

I've evn done the Crazy Crow thing. These by far are more superior to anything I've ever owned.

moc4.jpgmoc3.jpgmoc2.jpgmoc5.jpgmoc1.jpgHey folks.I'm back from school now. The moccasins I am talking about,I first saw in the movie "The Hunted" with Tommy Lee Jones. In the movie they wear these and are said to be super quiet. After a long search online I finally found them. There is a couple of makers who make these. I chose the maker I did due to price(lower). Although, they are the same moccasin. I will post pics.The black pair I've had for 10 years and have never had to have it re-soled. To extend the life of the sole,I chose a conveyor belt sole. It's real thin and makes a slight difference in whether barefoot or not. I liked my first pair so much that I had Paul Wilson make me another pair. This time saddle/tan color. I love these just as much. My son is 10 and he already wants me to save them for him when he grows up. I would buy him a pair,but with his foot still growing I wouldn't want to replace these every year or two. Once you stop growing,these are great to buy. Yes, they are a little pricey,but I just kept the add ons to a bare minimum. You get to chose your buttons. I chose the ones that were metal and were free. Once you go to the site you will understand. Now, how does a guy in Oregon make a moc that is made for your foot? Well, once you place an order Paul will send you a dvd of how to cast your foot. This is a simple process that uses an old sock and duct tape. That's it. A perfect cast of your own foot. You send that to Paul and in 3 weeks you get your new moccasins in the mail. When you get them,Paul sends you the pattern he made for your moccasins. This way you can keep up with it and if you want another pair down the road,just send the pattern back. No more castings. EagleRiverDee, you said above that you would like no sole just leather. Well,Paul will do this,but it makes it more expensive to repair if you ever wear through. The next best thing is what he calls Goop Sole. It's applied after the mac is finished and is very very thin. It will have to be re applied with wear, in which you can send them back to him or buy the Goop in a jar and do it yourself. That was my first option,but then I went with the conveyor belt sole. I don't regret that at all. Anyway, to see what my black ones looked like new,look at the Stealth Trackers on the site. Yes, he sells a lot of these to hunters for being quiet while hunting. When you look at the price,just figure,like I did, the final price divided by 25 years. That is what you are basically spending for shoes for life. And it's cheaper.

Custom Moccasin Styles, Stealth Trackers, Tracking Moccasins, Bow Hunting, Western, Renaissance, SCA, Earthing,Tactical,Police, Military, Go Green, Earthing, Barefoot Moccasins, SodHoppers

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    OMG thank you!
    Must. Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OMG thank you!
    Must. Buy.
    You are very welcomed. Even though the buffalo hide seems thick to the touch,it is so supple and breathable. The buffalo hide is the key to this mocs longevity.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Custom Moccasin Styles, Stealth Trackers, Tracking Moccasins, Bow Hunting, Western, Renaissance, SCA, Earthing,Tactical,Police, Military, Go Green, Earthing, Barefoot Moccasins, SodHoppers I looked into these some years ago when they were called Bald Mountain. They are nice and custom made but boy were their prices expensive. Seems like they were over $1000 for a pair.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Those sodhoppers ones are pretty sweet. There are other makers of similar shoes. ShoemakerSharon's Photos or Boots, Nativearth Olde Soles: Handmade boots, shoes, and leather accessories. are two examples. There are several others. You probably have to either apply a goop sole yourself or ask them to do it for some of the other makers since they feature images of thicker soles. Basically any turnshoe can have a goop sole or none at all, but I'd hate to pay so much money for a bare sole that will wear out fast. I consider all of these to be different than actual moccasins, though.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast