Thread: Finally joining the party! page

Weatherwax is offline Junior Member

Finally joining the party!

Primal Fuel
    Hello (from) Wisconsin!

I've been reading and loving the blog for years, but aside from a few months in 2010, haven't actually been Primal. I don't know why it took me this long to take the plunge. Perhaps I was afraid of letting myself down. But my 40th birthday is on its way in September, and I'd like to get some good habits under my belt in time for the next decade. So . . . big painful swallow . . . I'm in. Words of encouragement greatly appreciated.

Hello I am relatively new too... Finally got on the bandwagon after hearing about Paleo/ primal for several years and thinking it was a fad diet for weirdos, lol.

I wanted to reply because I had a similar line of thought about building better habits for the future. I turned 30 last summer, and I don't want my 30s to involve even more pants in the closet I can't fit into. (And what if we want to have a family in the next few years? If I can't figure out how to lose the extra pounds that have crept up on me, I definitely won't be able to lose pregnancy weight!) Clearly my diligent workouts and my oh-so-virtuous whole grains weren't cutting it, so I reconsidered the whole caveman thing and ended up here... Oh, and that whole grains part actually makes me angry. I was trying to do the right thing, but it didn't get me anywhere.

THIS, though, has gotten me somewhere! 7+ lbs lost in 3 weeks, and counting. By eating BACON and EGGS (yolks too!) and REAL BUTTER. It sounds absurd, but you just wait... No stupid points. No measuring anything. No feeling hungry or deprived. Fat starts melting off. It's magical. You will be SO happy you tried this. You will start almost feeling bad for the people choking down weird shakes and nasty Lean Cuisines while you're polishing off your "fattening" lunch and looking/ feeling better than them.

Weatherwax is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement!! I really appreciate it. I like the Primal food a lot--maybe a little too much! The first time I did this, I didn't lose much weight. This time I'm trying to remember that satisfied is not the same as stuffed, especially when you're talking about macadamia nuts!!