Thread: Pregnant and primal? page

Ann
    Ann is offline Junior Member

Pregnant and primal?

Primal Fuel
    Just found out I'm pregnant for the 6th time and have been eating primal for the past 4 months. I was doing it to loose weight and control my wonky blood sugar. It's been going really well. I've also been eating pretty low carb ( 30-75 grams of carbs a day). What carb amount is safe during pregnancy? I am trying to avoid gaining 40-60 lbs this time around like I have with all the rest. I want baby to have everything he/she needs but I don't need to pack on lots of extra fat. I'm already fluffy enough, lol. For the record, even with my high weight gain my babies have been small to normal sized at birth. Ranging from a 42 week baby that was 18 inches and 5 lbs 11 oz to an 8lb 4 oz 23 inch baby born at 40 weeks.

Ann
    Ann is offline Junior Member
    Also if someone has any ideas on foods to eat to help morning sickness and dizziness I'm all ears! Normally I am sick all day for the first 6 months of pregnancy. It hasn't hit yet but I'm sure it will soon. The dizziness is getting to me though. I feel like the room is spinning whenever I stand up or move too fast.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Send a message to Dragonfly. She has collated all the great information on this!

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    I am in my 2nd trimester. My morning sickness wasn't as bad as usual for this pregnancy (part of which I attribute to eating Paleo), but I did have the occasional bout of nausea. For a while I couldn't stomach bacon or sausage at all.

I was off eggs for a bit, but found I could eat (and craved) deviled eggs. I ate a lot of non-traditional foods for breakfast: chili, pickles, and hard cheeses were the most common. Sometimes olives. Apples and grapefruit were common "I-Feel-Sick" foods, too. I found I could usually stomach almonds or other nuts. When I felt really bad, I didn't beat myself up about eating starchy carbs. Both baked potatoes and rice were lifesavers during those really icky days.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook