Thread: Asparstame not dangerous after all! page 9

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Zach does know everything.

Apartame Causes Cancer - More Proof
    This Italian study has been called into question and appears to be a flier:

Aspartame

Karyn is offline Junior Member
    My headaches stopped when I didn't drink it anymore so no thanks.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    My headaches stopped when I didn't drink it anymore so no thanks.
    I don't consume it or any other artificial sweeteners. I think it is interesting though, that some people quickly cite animal studies when they support their views but even more quickly discredit other animal studies which do not because everyone knows animal studies do not translate to humans and/or they have confounding variables. When in doubt we say "correlation does not equal causation". Just seems like animal studies are judged with a double-standard driven by our own conformational bias.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    animal studies are judged with a double-standard driven by our own conformational bias.
    Yip. Double standards ahoy... everywhere!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It's not a double standard, it's a half-standard.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    I think it is interesting though, that some people quickly cite animal studies when they support their views but even more quickly discredit other animal studies which do not because everyone knows animal studies do not translate to humans and/or they have confounding variables. When in doubt we say "correlation does not equal causation". Just seems like animal studies are judged with a double-standard driven by our own conformational bias.
    It's not just animal studies. The paleo crowd will use epidemiology in its favor when it confirms our beliefs. When the Cochrane Collaboration found no good evidence against eating saturated fat, it was a triumph for all humanity. When they found no good evidence in favor of taking fish oil fish oil, it was horrible science! Who paid for that study!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    It's not just animal studies. The paleo crowd will use epidemiology in its favor when it confirms our beliefs. When the Cochrane Collaboration found no good evidence against eating saturated fat, it was a triumph for all humanity. When they found no good evidence in favor of taking fish oil fish oil, it was horrible science! Who paid for that study!
    I actually think paleo has recently (past couple years) in many senses spearheaded pointing out the possible downsides of fish oil.

Either way....aspartame. IMO look at it like any other cheat/ 20%. No it's not ideal. Don't use it if you have headaches, migraines, any other neurological disorder:

Formaldehyde, aspartame, and migraines: a... [Dermatitis. 2008 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI

Also might not wanna use it if your not fond of introducing substances that did not contribute to your current biological state seeing as its one of those less than 50 year old type things.

And no, I don't think our current scientific model can extrapolate everything and be totally depended on.....even the cochrane reviews........"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789