Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Asparstame not dangerous after all! page 8

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    quikkly, In another thread it showed up that other members indeed are consuming aspartame, so you are plain wrong when you pretend to talk on behalf of other members of this forum saying that "we don't consume this crap"...

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    quikkly, In another thread it showed up that other members indeed are consuming aspartame, so you are plain wrong when you pretend to talk on behalf of other members of this forum saying that "we don't consume this crap"...
    Ok, I will correct myself:

"We, with the exception of the 3 of you, don't consume this crap"

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    There are people who live to debate, who thrive on it. I believe the OP qualifies. I, however, do not.

Goodbye.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Gosh, you just know everything, don't you?
    Zach does know everything.

Apartame Causes Cancer - More Proof
    nihil

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Zach does know everything.

Apartame Causes Cancer - More Proof
    rense? u funny

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    If you can't hunt it, fish it, gather it in the wild, grow it on a farm (of some style), or draw it from a clean well, it ain't food, no matter how many studies it undergoes.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    If you can't hunt it, fish it, gather it in the wild, grow it on a farm (of some style), or draw it from a clean well, it ain't food, no matter how many studies it undergoes.
    True, and I agree with you on every point. But a plausible counter-argument would be that plenty of toxic things exist in nature, too! Some fish eggs will kill you, you've got deadly plants all over the place, etc. And those substances that kill you are just chemicals, too. No, they aren't artificial, petroleum-based, garbage chemicals - but it IS possible that some of our synthetic vitamins are actually useful, and in the same boat, some sweeteners might (I doubt it) be safe as well. I'm not going to eat them. But you see that perspective, right?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There are some people who believe that small doses of poison won't hurt you and might even strengthen you. Over 20 years ago, a toxicologist friend told me that studies that show that people who smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day live longer than non-smokers were squashed by every agency pretty much immediately.

Perhaps apartame, like snake venom is okay in small doses. I believe, if simply by observing my life and others', that over consumption of anything, even foods that are considered healthy isn't great for anyone.

I use a half packet in my coffee in the morning, and drink maybe three or four glasses of Crystal Lite in a week. If that kills me, c'est la vie.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, no. That was my point exactly. Thank you for re-stating it. The studies came from the creator of aspartame and are therefor less than independent scientific analyses. And, as DinoHunter pointed out, it would be interesting to know what was in the other 88 studies.
    Go ahead and read them yourself: EFSA Call: Call for scientific data on Aspartame (E 951)

Here's a random one.

...in addition to the one or two published studies by independent researchers that were also included in the review. And I'd like to point out to the people throwing out irrelevant anecdotes that the review isn't about whether or not aspartame gives people headaches or is a good thing to consume all the time, but to re-evaluate the recommended ADI of 40 mg/kg/day, which they concluded was still appropriate.

This thread exists because Gorbag felt it was necessary to defend his consumption of Coke Zero, and I will defend it as well. Why not? All I'm seeing from the opposition is an appeal to nature and "cancer!!"

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    True, and I agree with you on every point. But a plausible counter-argument would be that plenty of toxic things exist in nature, too! Some fish eggs will kill you, you've got deadly plants all over the place, etc. And those substances that kill you are just chemicals, too. No, they aren't artificial, petroleum-based, garbage chemicals - but it IS possible that some of our synthetic vitamins are actually useful, and in the same boat, some sweeteners might (I doubt it) be safe as well. I'm not going to eat them. But you see that perspective, right?

Hi Knifegill! Congratulations on the baby!!

This is for you:

"If you can't hunt it, fish it, gather it in the wild, grow it on a farm (of some style), or draw it from a clean well, it ain't food no matter how many studies it undergoes.
    Disclaimer: The natural world is full of stuff that will either make humans very sick or kill them outright, in addition to nutritious edibles, so proceed with care while wildcrafting or consuming non-domesticated animal life forms."

Yeah, I know we could reduce everything down to bare chemistry, but you also know what a slippery slope THAT is.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast