Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Asparstame not dangerous after all! page 5

Timthetaco Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Who said I'm pro-aspartame? Maybe I'm just anti-Paleobird.

I just think it's funny how much this stirred the pot.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    What I find odd is that those who usually defend "moderate-high carbs" are so pro-aspartame???

WTF?
    I enjoy the fence personally

Although I have started checking my macros and realised that I am now high carb. Bloody bananas...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Well I was actually kinda thinking of gorbag and tim.....but no matter.

I cant say I've looked at the issue for a long time, but it is standard to tell someone suffering migraines and such to stop the artificial sweetners also. Probably goes with what PB and corie's neurologists are talking about.

It's another one of those sub 50 year changes to our food supply that is frankly suspect.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-29-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I enjoy the fence personally

Although I have started checking my macros and realised that I am now high carb. Bloody bananas...
    Who knew bananas bled?

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    So what were the results of the other 88 studies that they conveniently left out??

Also aside from the fact that aspartame gives me an instant headache, and aside from the fact that i wouldent trust the FDA to clean my toilet..... Aspartame has the highest number of reported reactions to the FDA.
    Something you can actully check on the FDA's own site if you care to look for it.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Who knew bananas bled?
    It happens. Sitting on white picket is a bitch!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Who knew bananas bled?
    In old movies they sometimes used chocolate sauce for blood... that's where the carbs are hiding!

Bloody bananas indeed!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    That section is a summary of their conclusions from an earlier report on 12 of the nearly 100 studies Searle (the company that created aspartame) submitted to the FDA for review in 1978. I'm assuming you didn't realize that. This 245 page report - which you completely glossed over in a hasty attempt to denigrate not only the panel that drafted it but the scientific process in general - is not based only on data from 12 studies.

So I'm sorry, but I think you just made a ridiculous ass of yourself.
    Um, no. That was my point exactly. Thank you for re-stating it. The studies came from the creator of aspartame and are therefor less than independent scientific analyses. And, as DinoHunter pointed out, it would be interesting to know what was in the other 88 studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Maybe I'm just anti-Paleobird.
    Yeah, I got that. Still don't know why.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 01-29-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    What I find odd is that those who usually defend "moderate-high carbs" are so pro-aspartame???

WTF?
    A conspiracy??? At least very suspicious, probably the notorious Lex Luthor and the ghost of Bin Laden manipulating behind it as well...

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    A conspiracy??? At least very suspicious, probably the notorious Lex Luthor and the ghost of Bin Laden manipulating behind it as well...
    Are you an aspartame shill that has worked your way up in posts just to make your move now?

I'm very paranoid after having my naive illusions shattered by RSQueen on the other thread...... what is this world coming to!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast