Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asparstame not dangerous after all! page 3

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aspartame concerns aside, carbonated beverage consumption has been linked to a greater incidence of broken bones and osteoporosis...and of course, diet soda tastes like ass.
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Even if aspartame were safe (and there's too much anecdotal evidence plus other studies that contradict what the OP says) the rest of a soda is nothing but chemicals- why on earth would you want to drink something that is used as toilet bowl cleaner or can dissolve a nail?

Not me.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    the rest of a soda is nothing but chemicals- why on earth would you want to drink something that is used as toilet bowl cleaner or can dissolve a nail?
    Perhaps one has a potty mouth.
    Last edited by specsAreGrok; 01-29-2013 at 10:57 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Wonder who commissioned the study...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I have noted that Aspertame and possibly Sucralose (sp?) based sodas give me a stomach rumble if I don't eat it with something. That is, if I have a meal and fifteen minutes later I drink a diet soda, my stomach roars as if I haven't eaten in some time.

Without venturing into tin-foil hat territory, I always wondered if that was a desirable side-effect for food-sellers, but I don't know if it was just me.

I used to enjoy a good soda every now and again, and I still will occasionally buy myself some Reed's Ginger Brew - even got flecks of ginger floating in it - but it's a very rare thing.

These days, whole-leaf tea has taken it's place. I find it more satisfying, which is a pleasant surprise.

Now if only the other half would drop soda...

Speaking of which, how about carbonated mineral water and whatnot? Should I be wary of those, too?

M.

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Even if aspartame were safe (and there's too much anecdotal evidence plus other studies that contradict what the OP says) the rest of a soda is nothing but chemicals- why on earth would you want to drink something that is used as toilet bowl cleaner or can dissolve a nail?

Not me.
    !! I was raised in Eagle River! Born in Fairbanks, lived in ER for 15 years! The internet is such a small world! Hey, do you have a good, convenient source for pastured meats? I've researched from afar but can't give my parents first-hand suggestions, just what I can find on Google and eatwild.
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Everything is "chemicals" - here is some educational information to all those that worries about "chemicals" in food:

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantat View Post
    Aspartame concerns aside, carbonated beverage consumption has been linked to a greater incidence of broken bones and osteoporosis...and of course, diet soda tastes like ass.
    Dark colored sodas usually have phosphoric acid in them along with other chemicals. PA is known to cause leeching of the bone calcium. So, I'm not at all surprised.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantat View Post
    !! I was raised in Eagle River! Born in Fairbanks, lived in ER for 15 years! The internet is such a small world! Hey, do you have a good, convenient source for pastured meats? I've researched from afar but can't give my parents first-hand suggestions, just what I can find on Google and eatwild.
    Unfortunately I don't, yet. I've been researching for local growers. I know Delta Junction has growers that sell whole beefs, half beefs, and pigs. But I haven't yet found out if these are pastured or if they are conventionally grown. We eat a lot of wild salmon, but our red meat has mostly been coming from the grocery store.

And yes, the internet does make the world seem smaller, for sure! It's always nice to run into another Alaskan.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Dark colored sodas usually have phosphoric acid in them along with other chemicals. PA is known to cause leeching of the bone calcium. So, I'm not at all surprised.
    o rly?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast