Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many supplement? page 2

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Why potassium? Why C? If you're eating as you should, these supplements are fairly useless.
    No idea why? We went on a pre pkg'd diet and those were two of the things they recommended. I'm not sure I get enough C, I'll have to check to see what I eat that contains it.

That's the reason I ask. I take Cal/mag because I've been told it would help with my bones and joints. The others....?????

A person can research but it just gets so damn confusing. No one talks to me like a four year old. Everyone talks way over my head and I don't understand it.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    No idea why? We went on a pre pkg'd diet and those were two of the things they recommended. I'm not sure I get enough C, I'll have to check to see what I eat that contains it.

That's the reason I ask. I take Cal/mag because I've been told it would help with my bones and joints. The others....?????

A person can research but it just gets so damn confusing. No one talks to me like a four year old. Everyone talks way over my head and I don't understand it.
    Well I can make it simple then

For joint health drink more bone broth and eat primal.

For bone health eat primal and do resistance exercise. Make sure to eat enough protein.

If you wanna take one good multivitamin that could be fine.

I would not mess with my minerals without some real knowledge of why I'm taking it. That includes supplementing Calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.....many of these work in ratios and throwing those ratios out of whack can cause more harm than good. You may need specific testing or at least know why your adding one of these.....well magnesium is probably the safest one to just "guess" that you might be deficient in, but I still would not be megadosing.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-29-2013 at 12:25 PM.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the replies folks.

Will try not taking anything but the liquid multi vit and try bone broth.

We just butchered a pig awhile ago, so have the bones. I'm simmering a couple now. Is that all I have to do with it? Does anyone spice it up? I was thinking of maybe adding some Cumin and Tumeric as (again) read how good it is for a person. ??????

Oh.....and how often or how much does one try and consume?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I personally doubt the effectiveness of synthetic vitamins. I don't think nature gave us the food for nothing
    Billie trips balls

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Bone broth is food. Its basically stock/soup or the base of such technically. You can have it every day if you like. I drink mine in the evening like a cup of tea. Ya tumeric is anti-inflammatory and cumin. Most spices and herbs should be used fairly liberally IMO for taste and health. Season the broth with whatever you want or add meat and veggies when its done and make soup. I like garlic, onion, salt and pepper in mine as a base....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12