Thread: Help a Weakling!! page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Help a Weakling!!

Primal Fuel
    I cant really do a guy push up correctly yet soo I attempted a workout today…lemme know if this was okay
    Walked to work my knee(tore my MCL) and then walked 30 seconds, stopped, did 20 squats and walked 30 seconds, stopped 20 squats, walk 30 seconds, squat 20 times

Then I got down and did as many girl push ups as I could(27)
    Breath10 seconds
    Plank 40ish seconds
    Push ups(got 24 I think)
    Plank 40ish seconds
    Pushups(got like 20, 21 didn’t get up haha)

Breath 10 seconds

I wanted to try burpees too but since I cant do a guy push up I did them sans the push up

10 “burpees”
    10 breaths
    10 “burpees”
    10 breaths
    10 burpees, tried to throw in 11 but I didn’t get up haha for 11

Is this okay? I mean I was exhausted afterwards but DURING I thought I was gonna die lol. I am weak, I am trying to build up. Anything I should do different or change?

batty is offline Senior Member
    wait, how long ago did you tear your MCL? cuz like, doing burpees after that is pretty dang impressive!

are you trying to improve your pushups? have you looked at the hundred pushups program?

i dont see anything wrong with what you're doing - you're modifying stuff so you can actually do them, and as you gain strength/ability/confidence you can progress!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

thanks for the support.... anything that bends my knees past a box 90 degree hurts...on both so i try to jump up to here and out from there... i dunno that my knees will ever improve. i have braces for both

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    thanks for the support.... anything that bends my knees past a box 90 degree hurts...on both so i try to jump up to here and out from there... i dunno that my knees will ever improve. i have braces for both
    Are you doing limited range of motion squats? Usually proper depth squats place your knees at angles > 90 degress. Limited range of motion squats are valid exercises to focus more on quads than on glutes and hamstrings, but could lead to imbalances if overused. A relatively fine replacement could be deadlifts (yes, they do work your legs).

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    it takes FOREVER for that type of injury to heal. i damaged mine in january while skiing, and i'm still feeling it. keep the faith. obviously you are doing what it takes.

that brace is a pain in the arse

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    That sounds like a great way to build strength! Even if you hadn't posted anything I would have suggested push-ups, planks and burpees; those are my cornerstones. You'll get strong quickly. Once you gain some confidence and power, there are lots of other fun things you can throw in later.

thanks slesca! i do burpees without the pushup because i fall down haha it would end up like a grass drill, and girl push us and planks....is there ways to make planks different?? i hold mind until i feel my lower back dip and i cant get it straight- is that my maxon them then?
    yes, this injury takes FOR EVER TO HEAL and if i move the wrong angle it hurts like a mofo...

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    You might get more stability if you do your planks with your feet pressed up against the wall. Then, when you get good, you can lift one leg in the air. When you get really good, you can lift one leg and the opposite side arm. Ouch!