Thread: Seasonal leg hair loss page

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member

Seasonal leg hair loss

Primal Fuel
    My lower leg hair falls out during the winter. I know it's not due to socks because I wear dress socks in the summer as well. It happens like clockwork, starting around November and coming back April-ish. But since I started taking a Vitamin D supplement (8000 IU / day) 2 months ago, my leg hair has come back to summer levels. I've never had hair like this in the winter, not even as a teenager.

I also started eating Primally around the same time so it could be due to that as well. The reason I think it'd due to the Vit D is b/c I have normal leg hair during the summer despite eating total crap. I'm almost curious enough to do an experiment (start eating crap again, keep taking vit D) to see if it really is due to the Vit D, but I don't think it's worth it.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    As someone who shaves her legs, I don't see this as a problem
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    PrimalCon New York
    I've read that loss of hair on the lower leg can also be attributed to circulatory issues. That aside...my hair is nowhere as thick as it is in the summer. But---I'm just starting to tan twice a week and am curious if that has an effect or not.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/