Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem that I've been dealing with for quite some time and am hoping to gain some insight from others on it. My issue is that I seem to have far too much energy during the late evening hours of the day, mostly the 2 hours before I would like to go to sleep, and not as much as I would like during actual daylight hours. I wish that I could feel as energetic in the morning and afternoon as I do at 8, 9 or 10pm, but for some reason I just can't seem to recalibrate my highest energy levels to coincide with daytime. I have to be up quite early every morning for college classes or work, so these nightly bouts of energy just when I know I should really be sleeping are starting to be detrimental on the amount of sleep I get overall, and I usually wake up still slightly tired.

But, before I go any further, here's a little background info:

I'm a 21 year old female at a healthy body fat %, have been eating primal and relatively low carb (75-100grams/day) for a year and a half with about 95% compliance. I eat 2 or 3 meals a day at varying times, but almost never eat my last meal past 5 or 6pm. I drink very little caffeine, take supplements (multi, D3, kelp, fish oil) in the morning, magnesium citrate at night, exercise in the morning or early afternoon on the days I workout, and use flux on my computer when I use it at night (I've also tried cutting out tv and computer entirely in the evening, but that didn't help, surprisingly). I try to stay as stress-free as possible and think I do a pretty good job of it. I've tried things like gentle stretching/yoga, reading, listening to relaxing music etc to wind down at night, but my mind just races and physically I feel like bouncing off the walls. I'm really at a loss here. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be behind this or any suggestions into fixing it? I'm really hoping this isn't just one of my personal quirks that can't be changed, because this is really getting old.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give, and apologies for making this so long!