Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
This is a new one... "I have too much energy!"

LOL. Do you know how many people take medications, caffeine supplements, etc to be where you are naturally now? Congratulations! Having this much energy is a gift that should be exploited. I understand that you'd rather just crash - but c'mon -- you should appreciate the situation as a GOOD THING.

I would recommend more exercise during the day. Put that energy to active, physical use by lifting weights inside (I know Maine is cold), doing sprints, etc. Personally exercising in the evenings keeps me up later, but if in the mornings by the time my head hits the pillow I am asleep in about 20 seconds.
I understand that many people would enjoy having the energy, and normally I would, if it wasn't at a time I should be headed off to bed. As I stated in my first post, I just don't have the same kind of energy during the day. I believe that just because I have energy late at night doesn't mean I should necessarily use it to stay up all hours of the night when I need to be up early in the morning. I was simply asking for suggestions on how to re-time my highest energy levels to actually coincide with daytime, which I would expect would be a much more primal state of being. I don't think Grok would have been this energetic after night fall, it simply wouldn't be a good fit for survival, and it has started to become taxing on me. Also, I do all of my exercise during the day, including sprints, heavy lifting, yoga, hiking, walking etc. and it adds up to plenty of exercise throughout the week, so unfortunately that isn't the issue either :-/