Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Soreness page

amyb is offline Member

Muscle Soreness

Primal Fuel
    I know certain foods are good for muscle soreness and recovery but some are carbs...such as sweet potatos and pineapple and cherries. I went snowshoeing yesteday for 3 1/2 hours and felt the pain in my quads today...was considering eating some sweet potato to help with recovery as that is what I would have done in the past in addition to extra protein. what are other foods are good for muscle soreness and recovery?
    Thanks!

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    A Magnesium supplement became important for me after I went primal. I experienced more soreness and even cramping after starting primal and the magnesium definitely helped.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    There aren't really any foods that aid in muscle soreness if you did a ton of activity in a day that you're not used to. As long as you're getting adequate protein and a good amount of carbohydrates to fuel your activity, then your bases are covered. Time will heal the soreness.

glent1 is offline Junior Member
    I play cricket and suffer from severe DOMS in my left thigh every time I bowl. I've learnt to manage it over the years, and a combination of menthol, foam rollering, ice and compression helped me get by.

That is until 3 weeks ago when I started wearing two strips of Kinesiology tape on the thigh. For me, this stuff has been a miracle. If you are a regular DOMS sufferer, I recommend you give this a try even if you are skeptical of how something so seemingly insignificant could help.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glent1 View Post
    I've learnt to manage it over the years, and a combination of menthol, foam rollering, ice and compression helped me get by.
    I second the foam rolling! I know it doesn't really answer your question about food, but it can do wonders for sore muscles!

Koobs is offline Member
    Foam rolling, lax balls, plus some stretching are your best bets. I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep.

Nehemiah23 is offline Banned
    The best exercise for your Muscles and always be healthy and smart and strogn by the Muscles is Kayaking in the buggest and deep ocean waves by riding on the Kayak with paddling this is maintain your Muscles strong and best exercise for your Muscles.......

chetnvok is offline Junior Member
    good info, I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep. thank you

Sandman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    Foam rolling, lax balls, plus some stretching are your best bets. I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep.
    I second the lax balls and foam rollers. If soreness is in your back, a posture ball can be awesome, as well. Amazon.com: Posture Ball, 6 inch. (15cm): Sports & Outdoors
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

lorichka6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    May be completely placebo affect... but I notice a difference when I take my fish oil.

Not food related - a hot shower (or hot tub if you are lucky enough) and then easy movement the same day (go for a walk that evening or something) seems to help me. A hot shower with some stretching and then making sure to not just sit down and tighten up seems to make me feel better the next day than sitting on my butt all night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast