Thread: injured ankle and knee page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

injured ankle and knee

Primal Fuel
    I have layers of wounds as a result of drunken fighting, and two nights ago while moshing, re-hurt 2 of them simultaneously. I hit the floor so fast, my friends said they didn't even see it happen- just teleported, from mid-roundhouse to flat on my face. Now my ankle is all swollen and I can't curl my toes or twist my foot or put weight on it, and my knee (many untreated torn ligaments) is likewise swollen and rigid.

So, what do I do to continue training anyway? Is that unwise? What kinda cardio is there for someone with one leg? I expect it will be more or less back to normal in about a week.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Mr Perfidy sir - excuse gwammas ditsiness - but what the hell is moshing ?????????
    I so hope that you have iced those wee swollen bits !!!
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    If there are no broken bones, a month of rest ( no training).

nothing broken or torn, just twisted and swollen and painful to touch in affected areas- obvious inflammation of individual tendons and ligaments.

but it's only the right leg...one-legged people don't train? I will maybe go back to the month of 10,000 punches and just do mad jab combos with a high heart rate. I can still lift, just not legs or things that require a firm standing position.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

but what the hell is moshing ?????????
    it's a kind of dancing that is aggressive and meant to surrogate lost war-dance culture; it's like what people in crowds at metal and hardcore shows do, where they swing limbs and basically simulate physical combat against multiple opponents to a beat. You get a bit roughed up but at most shows, it is in good spirits- you can expect to catch some kicks and punches but if someone hits the ground or seems hurt then the fun stops and the murderous faces turn concerned emergency responders. Typically- there are a few assholes at every show, but how they are dealt with by the war-dance stirred atavistic tribal dance circle is always illuminating and spiritually refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    it's a kind of dancing that is aggressive and meant to surrogate lost war-dance culture; it's like what people in crowds at metal and hardcore shows do, where they swing limbs and basically simulate physical combat against multiple opponents to a beat. You get a bit roughed up but at most shows, it is in good spirits- you can expect to catch some kicks and punches but if someone hits the ground or seems hurt then the fun stops and the murderous faces turn concerned emergency responders. Typically- there are a few assholes at every show, but how they are dealt with by the war-dance stirred atavistic tribal dance circle is always illuminating and spiritually refreshing.
    OMG - so not really something that this old Gwamma would be any good at !!!!! Actually I would possibly be okay at the faceplant thing !!!!
    I would be icing those wee suckers every few hours, for a good 20 minutes at a time - up until 48 hours post moshing. if swelling isn't reducing or if pain getting worse or not reducing - go and see the doctor. You only get two legs, and you will not be able to do a competent mosh with one leg !!!!!!
    gwamma is so excited that she has learn't a new word !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Doctor? lol it says under my name that I live in america...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Doctor? lol it says under my name that I live in america...
    Oh you wee thing....... come over to NZ. Gwamma will look after you - BUT definately NO MOSHING IN GWAMMAS CAVE!!!!!!

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today was the first day that I noticed no problems descending stairs, and I didn't limp as I got off the bus for the first time since hurting myself.

So it's been what, 3 weeks? My knee has torn ligaments so that swelled up initially from the night of the re-injuring, but went away rather quickly. Took my about a week to realize that the injury was truly to my ankle, which is taking forever to heal. I think next week I can go back to doing legs.