Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yohimbine - wow page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yohimbine did nothing to me, I think OP is just a real lightweight
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Anyone have experience with yohimbine, and also tribulus or L-arginine?

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Let us know if it cures immaturity.
    zing!
    ad astra per aspera

Koobs is offline Member
    I've used it. Very effective for getting down to a really low bf%. but it only really seemed to help when i was already around 10% or lower. It does make me super anxious though.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm...I don't think I'd take it to work out. I don't even like to drink coffee too close to working out. But this might be helpful for my upcoming bar exam...It's certainly cheaper than five-hour energy, which is the only thing that gets me through those last few days of cramming AND the three-day exam.

Edit: Yes, I've taken the bar before (July), and, no, I didn't fail it. It was a different state.

Edit 2: Upon further research, i.e., reading the relevant Wikipedia article, I've decided that it would not be a good alternative to five-hour energy. It has a low therapeutic index and can cause certain undesirable side effects when combined with other things.
    Last edited by diene; 02-01-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Add stuff

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Sound like interesting stuff! Now I regret a little that I diden't buy the yohimbine that I was offered two days ago, and if I remember correctly the label said 500 mg and 60 capsules, and the price was twelve bucks...

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    - penis stuff
    Yes.

Yes.

If you really want to have a freakout, take a yohimbine pill with a cup of coffee. You'll be like the Road Runner.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Betorq is offline Senior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    This is the most terrifying recommendation of anything I've ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Let us know if it cures immaturity.
    I feel incurably immature and immensely terrified all at the same time: Damn you to hell, Yohimbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    I've used it. Very effective for getting down to a really low bf%. but it only really seemed to help when i was already around 10% or lower. It does make me super anxious though.
    The effectiveness of it's use lowering one's bf% I can understand, but why would that be a justification of even a trade off for anything that makes you super anxious? I've spent half my life trying to calm down, chill & be mellow. It's still a work in progress. I've experimented w/ horny goats weed, tribulus, eucommia, maca, all kinds of ginseng, tongkat ali(longjack), yes yohimbe and other milder testosterone boosters/sex tonics. Even made some of my own formulas and extracts in the past. The only ones I can tolerate (ie that don't wig me out) are maca, tribulus, american ginseng, siberian ginseng, tongkat ali, ashwaganda (means "strong like a horse"), cistanch & the king of them all is shilijit, which I've purchased in mass quantity from little mountain yogis in the Himalayas once when I was in India.

Shilajit | CrossFit Crown City | Pasadena, Ca Endorsed by & used with favorable results by cross-fitters, real herbalists & yours truly, shilijit is the shit: "Out of 2,000 herbs, Shilajit holds top billing in the Materia medica as a panacea in Ayurvedic medicine, India’s oldest system of health and wellness. It is reported to be the cure-all for just about anything and everything, but it’s main application is for libido, strength and anti-aging."

Yohimbine is way too strong of an isolated extract & it is quite unbalanced/unbalancing in that form, it just makes most long-term users rage-aholics and bring about assholiness (in me, my experience, which was in the short term, course some would say I'm an a-hole w/out supplementation . In my opinion, it is a lower grade herb, pedestrian, in comparison to others like tongkat ali & shilijit which are universally revered, & refined in their "energy" that they impart to the user. Hell, even maca and horny goats weed outshine yohimbe. In my opinion, yohimbine is a dangerous herb/drug in and of itself. Exercising in any extreme sports competition under it's influence is questionable in it's safety and makes me doubt the intelligent research (or lack thereof) of the OP. Only time will tell. If you cycle off of it, use it on a low dosage on-off-on again basis, you may find a satisfactory balance I never did. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

If you really want to have a freakout, take a yohimbine pill with a cup of coffee. You'll be like the Road Runner.
    No.
    Yes.
    "Beep!!! Beep!!!"
    Well hey Choco, I've missed you...
    Last edited by Betorq; 02-07-2013 at 01:49 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    why would that be a justification of even a trade off for anything that makes you super anxious? I've spent half my life trying to calm down, chill & be mellow.
    Some of us are on the other end of the spectrum - naturally chill, suave, cool, calm and collected. A little freak out from time to time is useful for learning how others live. Not Unlike this guy wanting to feel pain:

StarTrekData.jpg

Maca, tribulus and horny goat weed didn't do anything for me personally in the wired, attentive department. Thanks for the recommendation on Shinjit I will definitely be trying this.

Have you by chance had any experience with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_sinensis? I've contemplated a trip to the Himalayas for the purpose of experimentation after reading a traveler's blog in which he described an increase in innate self appreciation, satisfaction (etc) after eating it. A fitting macguffin for any adventurist I would think!

Anyway I stand by my statement that Yohimbine is awesome. Just like putting a super charger on my Challenger would be awesome. Not always prudent for the everyday driving experience, or practical for driving in 30 mphs zones; however awesome nonetheless. Sometimes it's fun to run in over drive.

Yohimbine is way too strong of an isolated extract & it is quite unbalanced/unbalancing in that form, it just makes most long-term users rage-aholics and bring about assholiness (in me, my experience, which was in the short term, course some would say I'm an a-hole w/out supplementation
    weren't you trying to raise your testosterone? quid pro quo!
    ad astra per aspera

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Some of us are on the other end of the spectrum - naturally chill, suave, cool, calm and collected. A little freak out from time to time is useful for learning how others live. Not Unlike this guy wanting to feel pain:
    Good point on that distinction, ie the terrain, certainly matters. I've always been hyper since I was a kid. Though I know how much I've mellowed out as an adult, many people still note my intensity & high energyStarTrekData.jpg. When I'm enthusiastic about something/anything, I get a lot of energy from that. Most of the herbal supplementation over the years has been to build immunity or to mellow out since having get-up & go energy has never really been an issue. It's only been in the last decade, since my mid to late 30s, that I explored testosterone (energy) enhancers.

Maca, tribulus and horny goat weed didn't do anything for me personally in the wired, attentive department. Thanks for the recommendation on Shinjit I will definitely be trying this.
    Maca is subtle & even then, it takes time to makes it's effect known, for sure it's not a rocket blast. It strengthens and supports natural endocrine function & repair & I find it is an affordable yet valuable adaptogen & food-based endocrine supporter (since it's basically mountain turnip dehydrated and powdered, it is a whole food.) It'd be worth looking at the literature on it further, imo, if you have an interest in slow and steady endocrine support long term with no or little downside. Tribulus is a bit stronger, but still not rocket fuel. I use it in combination w/ Tongkat Ali & other supportive herbs and vitamin co-factors. Horny Goats Weed was very strong for me as I was making tincture myself from fresh raw herbs, but I found that it needed other herbs to balance it out.

Have you by chance had any experience with Ophiocordyceps sinensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia? I've contemplated a trip to the Himalayas for the purpose of experimentation after reading a traveler's blog in which he described an increase in innate self appreciation, satisfaction (etc) after eating it. A fitting macguffin for any adventurist I would think!
    No experience with it, as it's quite expensive and the craze for it has caused a lot of degradation of fragile ecosystems in Nepal, Tibet & India due to over-harvesting and intrusive collecting methods. I try to stick to substances that don't harm ecosystems, populations or local economies. All the literature I've read on it, scientific as well as from Chinese TCM journals, as well as anecdotal reports from modern Chinese athletes, has all been extremely impressive. After reading the Wikipedia on it, it does appear that the cultivated version has been standardized, which I now recall reading a website somewhere a few years ago, that featured the laboratory-grown version of it, which upon analysis, gave a more consistent production and extraction of the active substances. So that might be a better avenue to pursue: find out where they are growing it, & source it from there.

If you're going to the Himalayas which I highly recommend, do find a true source of fresh high grade Shilijit & stock up on a ton of it. Extracts here in USA I've tried (& I've tried a number of them here), they never remotely compared to the raw stuff I got from the source , from little bearded mountain yogis in Rishikesh (& it was rocket fuel, sexually speaking). I got lucky & hooked up with the right rishis just walking down the main street with bundles over their shoulders, as they also happened to be bringing it into town to sell to shops for resale. I intercepted them & paid them more for all they had than the shops would've paid them, so everyone was happy. And it was serendipity for sure!

If you do go there, put out some commissionable feelers in Rupees, with some street urchins who will scour the streets and do the Shilijit reconnaissance work for you, in their native Hindi &/or Garhwali. Don't worry, they also speak passable English. Be tough, but friendly in your negotiations. And yes, it is an ADVENTURE!

Anyway I stand by my statement that Yohimbine is awesome. Just like putting a super charger on my Challenger would be awesome. Not always prudent for the everyday driving experience, or practical for driving in 30 mphs zones; however awesome nonetheless. Sometimes it's fun to run in over drive.
    Point well taken. I spoke(wrote) out of turn as I am sometimes wont to do. If "Yohimbine is awesome", seriously, bully for you. To each his own.

weren't you trying to raise your testosterone? quid pro quo!
    Yes, I was. Still interested in doing that. Actually achieving it w/ Primal eating, I.F.ing & some selective supplementation. I have no gf presently, so I've no need for an outright sex tonic without an outlet to put that energy to proper use, but one cannot have too much naturally produced testosterone & IGF-1 at my age.
    Last edited by Betorq; 02-08-2013 at 11:47 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12