Thread: Omega-3 Question, and another. page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Question Omega-3 Question, and another.

Primal Fuel
    I've been on PB since Nov.15, 2012. In the years before PB I took Omega-3 capsules (1 - 3 / day). During the year before PB I quit taking a number of supplements and prescriptions. When I quit the Omega-3, after 3 days, I felt much better. It seemed to line my stomach and prevent processing.

Now I realize I should be taking it, but I'm rather afraid to. What do you advice?

Second, my body has changed fairly radically since PB. For example, I had taken, sporatically, a stool softener which worked well and as-advertized. A few weeks ago I took it and my body responded as if it had been poisoned. I was in misery for 2 days recovering from it.

My current concern is that last night I ate about 1/3 cup cooked sticky-rice and i bite of souerdough bread. Then from 3AM on I was up with massive mucus in the mouth and throat. Can this really be a reaction to that little food. Or does it mean that my gut is still not in good shape. Other than last night, it seems very well.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You should not be taking any rancid fish oil supplement. You also shouldn't take any sort of laxative with the exception of cascara sagrada

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles...ve-abuse.shtml
    Last edited by Derpamix; 01-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    My current concern is that last night I ate about 1/3 cup cooked sticky-rice and i bite of souerdough bread. Then from 3AM on I was up with massive mucus in the mouth and throat. Can this really be a reaction to that little food. Or does it mean that my gut is still not in good shape. Other than last night, it seems very well.
    Hi Cryptocode - my experiences with grains (any grains), is my gut becomes very bloated and I feel really unwell a few hours after eating them. I have been no grains, sugar, processed food since June 2012. However I have had a couple of benders - as it were !
    I also agree with Derp about rancid fish oil. You should not take rancid fish oil - however fish oil (omega 3), IMO is good for you !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thank you both. Rancid Fish Oil has been thrown out. I'll get new.

What is the best kind to get, or does it not matter?

I guess 1 bite of that bread could give such horrible results.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Thank you both. Rancid Fish Oil has been thrown out. I'll get new.

What is the best kind to get, or does it not matter?

I guess 1 bite of that bread could give such horrible results.
    Yes it really can for some.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if Derp was on my wave length about the rancid (off) fish oil.... or if he mean't that all fish oil is rancid ?????????

however I would have thought that the cheapest would be as good as the more expensive ???? Not sure. here in NZ they are all much the same. It is Omega 3 that is the key IMO, not omega 6.
    And yes one bite can have negetive effects on some people.
    Anyways - good luck
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Balance is offline Senior Member
    How about eating some wild caught fish a couple times a week? Then you won't have to risk taking any supplements that may or may not be benefitting you.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    They're all rancid.

“Fish oil, which is extremely unstable in the presence of oxygen and metals such as iron, produces some of these dangerous products very rapidly. The polyunsaturated “essential fatty acids” and their products, arachidonic acid and many of the prostaglandin-like materials, also produce them.”
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant