Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's never too late, you are never too old! page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Honeybuns, that is great news. Congratulations to you both and thanks for the encouragement.

how did you get him to come along on the primal journey with you? I'd love to know for the sake of my own dh. (He is 50).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Honeybuns, that is great news. Congratulations to you both and thanks for the encouragement.

how did you get him to come along on the primal journey with you? I'd love to know for the sake of my own dh. (He is 50).
    I started slow with him. I talked him into changing out breakfast once in a while which soon became every other day. After a while, he looked at me and said "oatmeal is a really crappy breakfast". It has taken a while for him to give up all the crap food he loved and he still hasn't done it 100%. I told myself that I would never tell him what he could and couldn't have. If he wanted to eat cookies, I let him do it. The longer we eat the good stuff the more he is realizing that he feels yucky after eating stuff he hasn't been having in a while. I also stopped buying the junk he likes. If he wants it, he buys it.

Men love bacon!

Start slow and count the little victories.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12