Thread: Hello from Canada, and a Q on Fat/Carb/Prot ratios page

Britguy68 is offline Junior Member

Hello from Canada, and a Q on Fat/Carb/Prot ratios

Primal Fuel
    Hello from Western Canada!

I'm a Brit guy who immigrated to Canada. I'm 44, 6'1 and about 210lbs depending on which scale I use.

Started Paleo/Primal last week, and lost 5lbs in the first week! I don't think this is water loss as I'd was already dieting prior to that and had lost 4lbs since the start of the year.

So a question on ratios! Is there an ideal Fat/Carb/Protein ratio I ought to be trying for?

I checked what I had yesterday and it was approx a 60/14/26% ratio, and about 700 cal's under my 'daily allowance' of 3500 cals.

Is that good ratio, should I be trying to up Fat/lower Carbs? It's so easy to blow the carb input, one apple is all it takes from what I can see.

Any advice?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I would just follow the book as written for 6 months, ie eating primal foods until you are satisfied, before you start worrying about macros etc.
    No need to make it complicated just yet

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you want to know what Mark thinks, read the primal blueprint. If you want to get confused, read the following responses and the rest of this forum
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine