Page 96 of 840 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196596 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 96

thyme is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    actually they're kinda yummy, if wholly non-paleo. assuming we're talking about British digestives--sorta like a malted graham cracker cookie.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I like the chocolate covered ones. Someone invent a substitute, please.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    friend on facebook: "Remembering to stop and eat. I get so crabby when I'm hungry I bug ME!" Someone else: "What are you having" her: "Leftover mashed potatoes, strawberry pie from (person's) wedding, a freezy pop and nacho"

um. carbs much?!?!? Gee I wonder why you get grumpy when you get hungry....

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Or the Jaffa Cake as a diet biscuit. Only 1 gram of fat...go for it.

fireflystar123 is offline Junior Member
    I used to loveee magazines like Shape, Fitness, and Self. Until I realized a few years ago that they give the same information all the time and once you've read one issue you've read them all. Now, after having watched FatHead and become and MDA info fiend, I can't even look at them any more without becoming frustrated. But I saw a link to something with Bob Harper from Biggest Loser and I used to be a fan of the show (for the tear-jerker moments, I won't lie) and I really just like looking at Bob. Anyway, he gives some 'advice' and here is my favourite that I think you'll all just love:

What's Your Favorite "Diet" Food? : Weight Loss Q&A: The Biggest Loser Trainer Bob Harper : Shape Magazine
    "I think black beans and brown rice is an ideal combo. You get the protein your body needs to build lean muscle, complex carbs for lasting energy, and fiber to keep you feeling fuller for longer. And it tastes great!"

In the first slide in the series he says:
    "I'm not a fan of the no-carb thing. If you eat whole grains and stay away from starchy carbs (such as white-flour products), you'll give your body the energy it needs to perform at its best—whether you’re working out or just running errands."

Riiiight...because whole wheat pasta isn't starchy?!?

fireflystar123 is offline Junior Member
    I wanted to add this other link that I found on the site:
    Microwave Popcorn : 50 Seemingly Healthy Foods that are Bad for You : Shape Magazine
    This one actually has some really good (if not seemingly common sense to MDA readers) that they don't always promote (except for the veggie omelette on number 45) ESPECIALLY number 50 which talks about using coconut oil! I do find it kind of funny though, because they are telling their online readers not to eat the small, sugary fat-free 6oz yogurts, but (along with nearly everything else they tell their online readers not to eat) they promote the products on every single page and in every ad of their magazine!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    muscle and fitness hers & mother earth news. i can't stand browsing through things like cosmo and women's health any more

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Ok so it is 08:39 and the guy in the cube next to mine is on his third 100 calorie pack since 08:00 do they think that if they eat them 100 at a time they dont count?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I saw a woman in another car on the freeway doing something that made ME damn near drive off the road. She was fiddling with her phone, eating a sandwich (no clue what was in it), drinking a Starbucks Frappucino, putting on makeup, and trying to bribe a kid in a car seat in the back with what looked like a lolipop. This was at 745 this morning. I damn near pulled over and let her get a few miles ahead of me. CW, "multitasking," AND distracted? It's a new trifecta...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome