Page 95 of 895 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195595 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 95

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just got back from Trader Joes. They only had one variety of Omega-3 eggs. On the carton it said "Our hens are fed only healthy whole grains and soy protein products," or something to that effect.

Just. No. WTF.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    My best friend just told me she's going to be a vegetarian for a month in order to lose weight.
    Coworker says pizza is healthy "because the cheese has protein". Wow.
    The way I make pizza it is. Thin crust with three inches of ground beef. And clearly this was before I went primal because now I can't have the crust.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I did a lot of research and the only definite link if you are found to have GD is that you ahve a higher chance of having actual diabetes later in life. It usually means you needs to eat mroe whole grains, and good protein i want to write more but dd1 is freaking out here...gtg
    From another message board. Yeah, because whole grains are going to help keep your blood sugar down!

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    I love when people order egg white omelets and whole wheat toast at the deli. The CW is beaten into these people's heads.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I love Geek's family for trying to work within the bounds of what I eat, I really do. That said, my SIL offering me macaroni salad (not that I ever ate pasta salad anyways...) and saying that "colorful pasta doesn't have flour" made my brain hurt. I know she was joking and trying to make me feel better if I wanted to go offplan, but the idea that there are people out there who'd believe it made my brain hurt.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    Just got back from Trader Joes. They only had one variety of Omega-3 eggs. On the carton it said "Our hens are fed only healthy whole grains and soy protein products," or something to that effect.

Just. No. WTF.
    My favorite are the eggs from "Vegetarian-fed" chickens. Uh, chickens are omnivores, get those poor hens some protein please! This is why I have my own chickens, who are right now scratching around the yard eating bugs. You should see their reaction when I give them anchovies.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I made myself some tea with a new type/ brand earlier. I'd checked the ingredients, no sweeteners that I could tell. Apparently, those "natural flavorings" include sugary stuff, because that was all I tasted. Grmph. It sounded so tasty, too.
    If it had licorice in it, that might be the source of the sweetness.
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    "Adding a crushed up digestive biscuit to my yoghurt has made it so much more filling and satisfying. #diettrick"

Twitter: Supplying *facepalms* since 2007

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    "Adding a crushed up digestive biscuit to my yoghurt has made it so much more filling and satisfying. #diettrick"

Twitter: Supplying *facepalms* since 2007
    The idea of eating a "digestive biscuit" makes starvation sound not so bad

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WTF id a digestive biscuit? Sounds like a dog treat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome