Page 93 of 888 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 93

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yuck. I dreaded any kind of porridge as a kid, oatmeal and especially Cream of Wheat - nice, hot bowl of glue, anyone? That's one bit of the SAD I gladly left behind when moving out on my own.

fireflystar123 is offline Junior Member
    As a person who's been dealing with asthma her whole life, I must say this article is TERRIBLE!!!
    Asthma Patients: Danger Lurks in Fatty Meals
    My favourite quote of BS?

They recruited 40 people with asthma. Some received a high-fat, high-calorie meal of fast food hamburgers and hash browns containing about 1,000 calories, 52% of which was fat; others ate a low-fat, low-calorie meal of reduced fat yogurt, containing about 200 calories and 13% fat.'

And the study showed that the people who ate the 1,000 calories had lower response rates to the medicine?!? Um DUH--they were eating FIVE TIMES the amount of calories, and who knows how many more carbs. This is truly disgusting that it passes as medical advisc!! Why not feed them two hard boiled eggs and a veggie and see how they did instead? A burger and hashbrowns?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    You're right. That is intellectually disgraceful. I used to teach junior high school. I think that 80% of my students could have picked that "study" apart (after some training in analyzing correlational evidence). How sad. If I had the heart, I would set up a little website just to keep the morons who did the study in public view, forever, as examples of the sub-normal characters who do "research" and pass it off as science.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    I have a co worker who is diabetic and cant figure out why his blood sugar is all over the place, from 40-300+ when he spends all day eating white bread with various spreads on it (one of them is marmite, an english thing apparently dont know much about its primalness as a food but it must be an aquired taste) and drinks himself silly at night.

Not a funny thing really just sorta sad. You can physically see him rise and crash on a bad day.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bookstorecowboy View Post
    You're right. That is intellectually disgraceful. I used to teach junior high school. I think that 80% of my students could have picked that "study" apart (after some training in analyzing correlational evidence). How sad. If I had the heart, I would set up a little website just to keep the morons who did the study in public view, forever, as examples of the sub-normal characters who do "research" and pass it off as science.
    Did it! Because, seriously, this needs to be brought to people's attention: (Lack of) Intellectual Intellectual Integrity and the (Reported) Dangers of a High-Fat Diet

nidalee is offline Junior Member
    Friend: "Where is your pasta? Don't your blood sugar get low?"
    Me: "I can't get low if I don't have any"
    Friend "..."

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I have a co worker who is diabetic and cant figure out why his blood sugar is all over the place, from 40-300+ when he spends all day eating white bread with various spreads on it (one of them is marmite, an english thing apparently dont know much about its primalness as a food but it must be an aquired taste) and drinks himself silly at night.

Not a funny thing really just sorta sad. You can physically see him rise and crash on a bad day.
    Marmite is a yeast extract. It's very much a love it or you hate it food. It is gluten free though, so not sure where it falls.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nidalee View Post
    Friend: "Where is your pasta? Don't your blood sugar get low?"
    Me: "I can't get low if I don't have any"
    Friend "..."
    Grumpy Caveman: "..."

Yeah, that's not quite what's happening in your body.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    Marmite is a yeast extract. It's very much a love it or you hate it food. It is gluten free though, so not sure where it falls.
    Just looked it up. It seems to be fairly high in carbs, but because you only have it in small doses it's probably ok. 0.8g of carbs per 4g serving.

I so love it. H hates it and won't kiss me if I've eaten it!
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This isn't a cw thing it is some diet advice I got at work. A woman I work with says that when she wants to lose weight she eats 'no white things' most of the week(so far so good). But on Mondays and Thursdays she eats 'only white things' like milk and white bread .... Huh?
    She told me how easy it was to lose weight this way. But when I questioned her further she said she had to stop doing it because although she lost weight, she was a really low on energy and really weak!

I mean on reflection it is a form of carb cycling but I think I'll stick with primal.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.