Page 92 of 901 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 92

  1. #911
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    No, no. 2 dates count as ONE of your 5. You have to go on 10.
    Dates aren't very tasty anyways. What I love is that one of those boxes of raisins is a serving of fruit to these people.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  2. #912
    runnergal's Avatar
    runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Hell even in my CW life that breakfast has me hurling. Jam, bread and raisins. Wheeeeeeee how about I just crack a sodypop for breakfast like my friends in the south?
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

    "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

  3. #913
    Minxxa's Avatar
    Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,715
    I was sitting in my class and one of my classmates (whom I adore, by the way!!) is macking on a Sees sucker. Apparently, she's using the suckers (and the small sees candies) to keep her from eating, because they only have 10 calories each!

    Sigh. I can't say anything because I already went into my "no grains and sugars" thing, and so they all think I'm loony anyway.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

  4. #914
    Tawny's Avatar
    Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    378
    At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.

  5. #915
    Polecatz's Avatar
    Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.
    Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.

  6. #916
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    I made myself some tea with a new type/ brand earlier. I'd checked the ingredients, no sweeteners that I could tell. Apparently, those "natural flavorings" include sugary stuff, because that was all I tasted. Grmph. It sounded so tasty, too.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  7. #917
    Nion's Avatar
    Nion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Westminster BC
    Posts
    1,026
    MIL offers me some bread. Tell MIL i can't eat bread anymore, gluten intolerant.
    MIL offers me wholemeal bread instead.
    'Can't eat ANYTHING with wheat or grains in it sorry'
    MIL offers me pastry.
    Me: *walks out of kitchen desperately trying not to facepalm*
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

  8. #918
    Tawny's Avatar
    Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.
    That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.

  9. #919
    Silky's Avatar
    Silky is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    275
    I was talking with someone today about porridge and how I'd found in the past it didn't keep me going past 11.00.

    She asked if I made it with milk or water. I said, "water." She said, "well that's your problem, you should make it with milk to keep you going"

    I said I didn't like it made with milk and we left it there.(not that porridge is on my list of things to eat now) but just goes to show it isn't the oats that fill you up!
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

    My primal journal on MDA.

  10. #920
    Polecatz's Avatar
    Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    164
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.
    Sheesh its like people trumpeting stuff and even they know it doesn't work yet they still don't question it. In their head oats should fill you up - after all, they taste and look like chewed up cardboard. And cos they are "low fat" and "lower your cholesterol" (and we all know what we think about those two things..) people don't want to admit that actually they are SH*TE and that they also taste like cr*p as well and people have to add stuff like honey and fruit to make them taste bearable. DUH!!??

    Yep people think I am lying as well or if they are really stuck they tell me to watch my cholesterol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •