Page 92 of 901 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 92

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    No, no. 2 dates count as ONE of your 5. You have to go on 10.
    Dates aren't very tasty anyways. What I love is that one of those boxes of raisins is a serving of fruit to these people.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Hell even in my CW life that breakfast has me hurling. Jam, bread and raisins. Wheeeeeeee how about I just crack a sodypop for breakfast like my friends in the south?
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I was sitting in my class and one of my classmates (whom I adore, by the way!!) is macking on a Sees sucker. Apparently, she's using the suckers (and the small sees candies) to keep her from eating, because they only have 10 calories each!

Sigh. I can't say anything because I already went into my "no grains and sugars" thing, and so they all think I'm loony anyway.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    At 9:30 this morning, we got an email from a coworker saying we were having birthday cake at 10:00 am (yes, I know that's early). One of my cubicle mates exclaimed, "Oh good! I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning but I'm starving!" I'm sure she'll have her usual Lean Cuisine for lunch, followed by either more cake or a healthy Special K bar mid-afternoon. She puts away more carbs in a day than I do in a week. And yes, she's thinner than me, but also always cranky and tired by her own admission.
    Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I made myself some tea with a new type/ brand earlier. I'd checked the ingredients, no sweeteners that I could tell. Apparently, those "natural flavorings" include sugary stuff, because that was all I tasted. Grmph. It sounded so tasty, too.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nion is offline Senior Member
    MIL offers me some bread. Tell MIL i can't eat bread anymore, gluten intolerant.
    MIL offers me wholemeal bread instead.
    'Can't eat ANYTHING with wheat or grains in it sorry'
    MIL offers me pastry.
    Me: *walks out of kitchen desperately trying not to facepalm*
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    Women seem to have this obsession with oats. I've mentioned it before but I was telling my friend about my brekkie (either a fry up or meats and cheese) and how it is ace as I am able to keep going for ages (today brekkie at 630 and lunch at 2pm - not starving but just normally hungry). As well as telling me it wasn't healthy to go that long without food she also said "you should have oats cos they fill you up". But she has a mid morning snack of a cereal bar so clearly the oats DON'T work at all but I think if you are CW it is normal to need to eat that frequently!! I tried them once, ages ago, and fell asleep after. A lot of false advertising around porridge and the general idea of how great it is to be grazing all the time.
    That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    I was talking with someone today about porridge and how I'd found in the past it didn't keep me going past 11.00.

She asked if I made it with milk or water. I said, "water." She said, "well that's your problem, you should make it with milk to keep you going"

I said I didn't like it made with milk and we left it there.(not that porridge is on my list of things to eat now) but just goes to show it isn't the oats that fill you up!
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    That's got to be the ultimate CW craziness - "Oats fill you up and keep you going til that mid-morning snack!" And I used to believe that, used to live it. I've tried pointing out that when you need to eat 3 hours later, they've not been "filled up". No one gets it, though, and they think I'm lying when I can go 6 to 8 hours without being hungry on a breakfast of eggs, coconut oil and vegetables.
    Sheesh its like people trumpeting stuff and even they know it doesn't work yet they still don't question it. In their head oats should fill you up - after all, they taste and look like chewed up cardboard. And cos they are "low fat" and "lower your cholesterol" (and we all know what we think about those two things..) people don't want to admit that actually they are SH*TE and that they also taste like cr*p as well and people have to add stuff like honey and fruit to make them taste bearable. DUH!!??

Yep people think I am lying as well or if they are really stuck they tell me to watch my cholesterol.