Page 91 of 840 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 91

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Massive facepalm. I saw that in a magazine as well. I almost passed out at the amount of bread. "Measure your butterlicious by the teaspoon". WTF? They are advocating fake butter!? Yeah lets all eat fake foods and have sugar on toast for breakfast. Great idea. Cos something out of a factory is so good for you compared to something nature provided :-/

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Sainsbury's really are pushing the carbs there!

Aspragus dipped in egg on the other hand...
    http://www.waitrose.com/webapp/wcs/s...estonasparagus

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    I've got one. There's been a big push to increase health around the office the past couple years. They'll form teams and compete, etc. We recently started up a company newsletter. There's always some health advice and a recipe. The health advice is always CW kind of stuff (this month it was walking), but the recipes are ridiculous even by CW standards. In February it was a twinkie, cut diagonally in half, re-arranged into a heart shape and topped with pink cool whip.

This month the recipe was for taco soup with 1lb 90% lean ground beef, refried beans, salsa, and black beans. Top with chips.

Wenona1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Sara Lee makes 45 cal/slice bread. My husband eats it. Why won't he give up his mistress, Sara Lee!
    has he tried any of the bread from a recipe here?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I was in the USA last week with my Papillons.
    At the border I had a young eager Customs Officer. He asked me if I had any fruit or produce.
    "No"
    "Do you have anything else"
    "A few snacks for the road and food for my dogs"
    I had to give him my keys and open my hatchback for him to look.
    I have a VW Beetle, Josie (my one Papillon) is freaking out at him in the back seat...
    He opens my cooler..."What's in the brown paper?"
    "Dogfood"
    "But what IS it?"
    "Moose"
    (crickets)... no response...he didn't know what to say...he closed my cooler and hatch, gave me back my passport and told me I could go...
    but he forgot to give me my keys, I had to ask for them.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I had an interesting time at the DQ in Andrews: I asked for no bun. She spends (I shit you not) 5 minutes trying to find the button for it. It then gets to the back and they yell "What's NB?" "No Bun!" "How do I do that?" "Put it in a nacho container! She wants everything else, just not the bread!" I get it and, packed neatly beside my container of meat and veggies, is my bun wrapped in the paper the burger would've worn.
    I had my Papillons at a dog training camp. On the 2nd day, we took them into town. One of Josie's triggers was people coming up to the car window, so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
    Me: "could I please have a plain hamburger patty, without the bun"
    McD server: "No bun?"
    "Correct, No bun"
    McD "You don't want a bun"
    "Right, no bun"
    Third time "So, just the meat?"
    "Yes, it's for my dog"
    We drive up to the window, Josie stays calm (with some coaching from me) and she discovers that if you stay calm someone will give you MEAT through the window!!!!! Awesome
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    My mother told me about someone we know who has tried calorie counting and lots of exercise consistently for the last year, but hasn't lost much weight at all. So she's considering some kind of laser surgery procedure to slim down... and it was recommended by a doctor. Not her doctor, but just someone who happens to be a doctor who I guess also had trouble losing weight otherwise.

I said that I wished that I could talk to this person about trying my diet, and my aunt said, 'Gaining weight is easy. Losing weight isn't easy. [I agree] You're lucky.' Uhhh, I guess I'm lucky that I found the right info and am irreverent enough to have no qualms about jumping into this wholeheartedly. But it's not like I woke up one day, stepped on the scale, and discovered that I had lost 50 lbs.

tstein13 is offline Junior Member

Online Health Quiz

Here's my CW Moment for the day (By the way, this is one of my favorite threads to read here):

I'm taking this quiz for work (it helps to lower my health insurance premium), and I was wondering how to answer the following question:

Which of the following is true?
    A. You should eat no more than 6 ounces of lean meat, chicken and fish a day
    B. You should get at least six servings of grains such as breads, cereals and starchy vegetables every day
    C. You should eat two to four servings of fat-free milk and low-fat dairy products a day
    D. All of the above

Hmmm. I didn't see a none of the above, so I'm really confused. I'm just glad I am more well-informed than this online "coaching" program.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    On the packet of dried dates:
    "Two dates count as one of your five a day!"

(Five of what? It doesn't say. Sugarcubes, maybe?)

davidwhitt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    On the packet of dried dates:
    "Two dates count as one of your five a day!"

(Five of what? It doesn't say. Sugarcubes, maybe?)
    I know I am becoming more attractive as I get in better health, but I don't think I could handle going on 5 dates a day.

Dave
    Body by Bacon
    BodyByBacon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwhitt View Post
    I know I am becoming more attractive as I get in better health, but I don't think I could handle going on 5 dates a day.

Dave
    Body by Bacon
    No, no. 2 dates count as ONE of your 5. You have to go on 10.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly