Page 90 of 869 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190590 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 90

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    LOL its kind of sweet the way the bun was wrapped up as if it were a special gift!!!
    I guess they though they were being kind. It was kinda cute, even as I flung it into the dumpster.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Since I'm not drinking soda anymore, I tend to go to McDs and get regular iced tea with lemon when I want something cold to drink. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get UNSWEETENED TEA. I can't say "unsweetened" because they always hear "Sweet". So I say "regular", and they then have to ask "unsweetened?" And then you get asked if you want sugar.

Last time through apparently the guy before me got an "unsweetened" iced tea-- with 10 packets of Splenda. Ugh!

I always take a sip before I leave because twice I've gotten a sweet tea instead. I opened my door and spit it out it was so horrendous. Should have seen the look on their face...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Since I'm not drinking soda anymore, I tend to go to McDs and get regular iced tea with lemon when I want something cold to drink. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get UNSWEETENED TEA. I can't say "unsweetened" because they always hear "Sweet". So I say "regular", and they then have to ask "unsweetened?" And then you get asked if you want sugar.

Last time through apparently the guy before me got an "unsweetened" iced tea-- with 10 packets of Splenda. Ugh!

I always take a sip before I leave because twice I've gotten a sweet tea instead. I opened my door and spit it out it was so horrendous. Should have seen the look on their face...
    YES! I also check before I leave - why is it so unusual to get unsweetened tea? Once, I didn't check because the cashier said, "Here's your unsweetened tea". Well, it was sweet - when I took it back in, the guy said, "But I got it from the unsweetened urn, I guess I lied to you". Well, yeah, you did, I can tell the difference between sweet and unsweet tea. Turns out, they had just refilled the urn, and the person that made it had added sugar syrup to it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    YES! I also check before I leave - why is it so unusual to get unsweetened tea? Once, I didn't check because the cashier said, "Here's your unsweetened tea". Well, it was sweet - when I took it back in, the guy said, "But I got it from the unsweetened urn, I guess I lied to you". Well, yeah, you did, I can tell the difference between sweet and unsweet tea. Turns out, they had just refilled the urn, and the person that made it had added sugar syrup to it.
    I ask for "unsweet tea" at all restaurants. Half the time, I get "Sweet or unsweet?," 10% of the time I get sweet anyways, and the rest of the time it comes out as I request it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

pfair143 is offline Member
    I used to have this problem just ordering water. "So, you don't want anything to drink?" (what?) Not so bad now that everybody drinks water, but I still have a problem getting it with no ice. I absolutely detest ice water or any cold drink (well, not beer). I have been given water requested with no ice with "just a little ice because it's not cold" (what?).
    I have never worked in a service industry and I'm sure people's quirks are just not that important in the grand scheme of life, but when I order decaf coffee, I don't want to be looking at the clock as it strikes 3am.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Funny sort of moment here. Just got out of a movie and we are driving home. My date rolls down the window when we go by a gas station. I ask her what's up and she says she smells something nasty. I tell her I don't smell anything. She says "well it's not you... you never,like.... fart, do you?"

I laughed and said, "no, not really. Only when I eat crappy food."
    She said "Most guys I know are always crapping their pants."
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I would bet she smelled another car -- they can sort of "fart" that hydrogen sulfide smell when their catalytic converter isn't working well, reportedly.

But her casual delivery of "most guys I know are always crapping their pants" is comedy gold right there.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    From an article in Real Simple:

If you crave fat: It's well-known that eating sweets and simple carbohydrates can lead to the infamous sugar crash that leaves you craving more. Consuming fat has a similar self-perpetuating effect, says Sarah Leibowitz, Ph.D., an associate professor of neurobiology at Rockefeller University, in New York City. "Eating fatty foods stimulates the brain to produce peptides that make you crave more fat," she says. A recent study at the Scripps Research Institute, in Jupiter, Florida, showed that rats who were fed high-fat foods (bacon, icing) began eating more and more--a hallmark of addictive behavior. (They actually refused nutritious food when it was offered.) Fight the urge for chips by eating plenty of lean protein and low-fat dairy products, which will help you feel more satisfied.
    Right, because ICING wouldn't trigger another addiction, and nobody is not getting enough fat, so they crave it when they do get some...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Massive facepalm. I saw that in a magazine as well. I almost passed out at the amount of bread. "Measure your butterlicious by the teaspoon". WTF? They are advocating fake butter!? Yeah lets all eat fake foods and have sugar on toast for breakfast. Great idea. Cos something out of a factory is so good for you compared to something nature provided :-/