Page 879 of 888 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 879

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    Yeah, if only we could turn fat into gold. I'd be riiiiiiiiiiiiich!!!!!
    but I would be one heavy toad.....

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    Yeah that guy is just very confused and so far I know he's already done protein shake diets as well as a cabbage soup diet.

The only explanation I could come up with how he got that idea was that he must have mistaken a larger belly due to water weight with actual fat gain.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    We re getting a toaster oven at work that can bake cookies.... so we can have fresh cookies all the time. At the same time, we are investing over $2000 in fit bits to help people get fitter. I'm in charge of the fitness thing.... I'm just like, no cookies and we would have far less need for "fit bits". We already have candy all the time.... we don't need cookies too.

This all came about due to a "your city is full of obese people" study. Our office of 20 people goes thru 3-4 big sacks of candy a week. Now we are adding in cookies. How about you know, just not having food? Then we don't need to make people walk everywhere.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Some one has been leaving cake in the kitchen at my office for the last 3 days in a row, always a different kind. There when I get in at 9, demolished before lunch.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I am still confused over salt turns into fat. That one is nuts!

On another note: Case conference for home health includes donuts, cruellers, cinnamon buns etc. Then all the nurses sit around later talking about the one nurses skin cancer, getting plastic surgery for such issues and others and losing weight. I just don't get it! I know its hard to lose weight and eat healthy and sometimes I blow it but not in any world are donuts okay. Why would you do that to yourself over and over.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Some sweets I really understand. You make me a white cake filled with blueberries and covered in butter-cream, and I'm all over that. But I've never understood those daily morning fast food treats. Blech. And if donuts ceased to exist, I probably wouldn't know until someone told me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I went to a conference a couple months ago that had included meals. They had to make "special" meals for me (a sandwich wrapped in lettuce, or a yogurt cup without the crumbles in it, rice noodles in my pasta dish). Anyway, breakfast was bagels, fruit and yogurt cups (with fruit and crumbles). Some asshat ate my crumble-free yogurt cups every day, so I got to eat fruit for breakfast every day--talk about hungry! They had snacks throughout the day, which consisted of Chex mix, cookies and brownies. Lunch was sandwiches, and mine was wrapped in lettuce. Kinda okay, but I have no idea what was actually in it meat-wise. Then I go to the included meal (at an Italian restaurant--a buffet of salad with croutons and ranch dressing, spaghetti, and lasagnia) starving because I had nothing but fruit and sandwich innards to eat, and I get to wait another 20 minutes while they cook up a gluten free meal for me. And watch everyone eat.
    Last edited by kathleen; 08-21-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I hate going anywhere like that because I just end up hungry and irritated.
    And they all think they are being healthy!
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I went to a conference a couple months ago that had included meals. They had to make "special" meals for me (a sandwich wrapped in lettuce, or a yogurt cup without the crumbles in it, rice noodles in my pasta dish). Anyway, breakfast was bagels, fruit and yogurt cups (with fruit and crumbles). Some asshat ate my crumble-free yogurt cups every day, so I got to eat fruit for breakfast every day--talk about hungry! They had snacks throughout the day, which consisted of Chex mix, cookies and brownies. Lunch was sandwiches, and mine was wrapped in lettuce. Kinda okay, but I have no idea what was actually in it meat-wise. Then I go to the included meal (at an Italian restaurant--a buffet of salad with croutons and ranch dressing, spaghetti, and lasagnia) starving because I had nothing but fruit and sandwich innards to eat, and I get to wait another 20 minutes while they cook up a gluten free meal for me. And watch everyone eat.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Ever look in your fridge and think, "where did I get a bottle of ranch and thousand island dressing from?" Then you remember mom got them for you when she was visiting because you "need something to put on all that lettuce you must be eating!" I don't think I have actually bought lettuce in 6 months.
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    I don't think I have actually bought lettuce in 6 months.
    Every once in a while I will buy lettuce (or kale, or spinach) thinking salads or wraps would make great lunches. Then, I eat about maximum of 1/3 of the leaves, and the rest goes bad. I have to keep reminding myself never to buy lettuce...
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.