Page 87 of 881 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 87

PrimalDog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Miriam,

I'v heard this sort of thing over and over and over (yes - 3 overs for this one!) along with the other typical parrot phrases like 1) you shouldn't skip meals 2) eat a big breakfast - it'll help you lose weight, 3) eating all that fat is going to make you fat 'cuz you are what you eat 4) you need carbs for energy in the morning since you haven't eaten for 8 (gasp!!) hours.

Usually I look at the particular specimen expousing this to me and consider the source. They are funny though! I love to see their expressions when I don't follow their lead then they ring their little bell (Primal dog is not a Pavlov Dog). Yes it is a no win argument with them because like most fanatics they have been indoctrinated with the typical Dogma (auugh! bad dog word) of the High Priests of CW.

Last week we had a company wide meeting for lunch and they supplied the food and beverages (oh goody). You guessed it. There wasn't a SINGLE thing that I could eat. They had your typical hoagie bread sandwiches with the usual sulfited lunch meats, corn chips, doritos, potato chips, pringles, and high fructose corn syrup soda. Nothing else. I was half expecting them to top it off with donuts. Everyone stared when I refused to put a plate of that "food" in front of me. Me? I love it when they get that look on their face! Made an hour and a half meeting fun!

Korgs are funny. I like them though - they taste like chicken!
    - how does one escape living in darkness?
    Primaldog: first understand that Fear is the only darkness..

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDog View Post
    Hi Miriam,

I'v heard this sort of thing over and over and over (yes - 3 overs for this one!) along with the other typical parrot phrases like 1) you shouldn't skip meals 2) eat a big breakfast - it'll help you lose weight, 3) eating all that fat is going to make you fat 'cuz you are what you eat 4) you need carbs for energy in the morning since you haven't eaten for 8 (gasp!!) hours.

Usually I look at the particular specimen expousing this to me and consider the source. They are funny though! I love to see their expressions when I don't follow their lead then they ring their little bell (Primal dog is not a Pavlov Dog). Yes it is a no win argument with them because like most fanatics they have been indoctrinated with the typical Dogma (auugh! bad dog word) of the High Priests of CW.

Last week we had a company wide meeting for lunch and they supplied the food and beverages (oh goody). You guessed it. There wasn't a SINGLE thing that I could eat. They had your typical hoagie bread sandwiches with the usual sulfited lunch meats, corn chips, doritos, potato chips, pringles, and high fructose corn syrup soda. Nothing else. I was half expecting them to top it off with donuts. Everyone stared when I refused to put a plate of that "food" in front of me. Me? I love it when they get that look on their face! Made an hour and a half meeting fun!

Korgs are funny. I like them though - they taste like chicken!
    YES! I hear them all the time as well. I mean from people I consider intelligent. I used to love things where you got free food - now I dread it cos I know that there will be nothing I can eat. In fact we got a free lunch the other week at work and it was exactly like the one you got. I refused it. People also have this thing like they have to eat in case they never get to eat again - like pre-emptive eating.

Today I went to the gym and worked hard. I was peckish after so I ate some nuts but still managed to spend three hours in the kitchen cooking my work meals for the week without eating half of them while they were cooking (which is what I used to do a lot!). I credit the fried chicken with a ginger n chilli pawpaw salad I ate for brekkie. I don't dare to tell people I eat stuff like that for brekkie cos they will keel over and think I am crazy. People are obsessed with brekkie, like there are only certain things you are allowed to eat for breakfast (not curry for instance which I have had) and are obsessed with blo*dy OATS!!! SPIT!!

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    A couple of moments:

1) my father in law has slightly raised cholesterol. He tried low fat for a month and then the doctor put him on statins. I've explained to him more then a few times how cholesterol works and how if gives up grains/sugar for a month he can reduce the small LDL/trigs and increase HDL and large LDL. He thinks I'm totally out of my mind.

2) While I was at dinner with my father in law with the high cholesterol he is eating cake and asking my why gluten is bad for him. He actually knows that gluten causes problems for him but he doesn't care.

3) I have a friend who believes that the only thing that matters is calories. He told me that egg whites and whole grains are low in fat and calories and have helped millions of people lose weight. He said it's his goal to prove me wrong. He says what's the difference if it's low fat or high fat as long as it's low carbs? He runs on the treadmill every night and counts the calories burned.

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    My friend was telling me that she was experiencing some inexplicable bloating and digestive problems. "What do you think I should do?" she queried. I just tossed it out there, "Try quitting grains for a week and see what happens."

I bumped into her a week later and she said, "Thanks for the advice! My bloating is gone! I didn't eat grains at all for the whole entire week - well, except for my morning muffin and toast..."

Baby steps, I guess?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    but the reduction helped? well, it's a start which might lead her to think a little about it.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    My husband eats mostly primal at home, but still has bread whenever he wants, eats cereal if he feels like it, that sort of stuff, but he has lost 20 lbs already and I heard him say to someone recently that we are on a special diet, so it is creeping into his way of eating and even into what he prefers now.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Hilliebee is offline Junior Member
    From a professional chef today: "Avocados are horribly bad for you." Me: "Why?" Chef: "They're loaded with Weight Watchers points!!"

I didn't know WW points were a macronutrient. ?!
    Last edited by Hilliebee; 05-16-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: der schpelling

aktres is offline Senior Member
    My friend's father has a brain tumor. The doctor told his wife to keep him off sugar (good!). Then he told her "natural" sugar was okay - honey, AGAVE. When I told my friend and her mom that he was right about sugar, because fructose feeds cancer, but he was wrong about honey and agave, because while sugar is half fructose/half glucose, agave actually has more fructose than sugar, they got upset with me, that I would question the cancer doctor.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Hilliebee

Love it looking forward to visiting my MIL and blowing her WW points mind.

I also have an avocado story. I find they are convenient as I travel to different schools and the only thing to eat is pizza. Avocados are not Italian. Anyway I cut it open in the cafeteria to eat while my 4 and 5 year olds were having lunch, within a minute I had about 20 kids around the table asking me what I was eating. It was very cute.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    adorable. and i bet you REALLY wanted to share.

lol@"weight watchers points"