Page 864 of 887 FirstFirst ... 364764814854862863864865866874 ... LastLast
Results 8,631 to 8,640 of 8869

Thread: Funny CW moments page 864

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I was at TJ shopping with a friend of mine who has recently switched from vegetarian to primal (via my influence, *pats my own back*). She asked me how I get enough fat and made a joke about eating butter. I responded that yes actually, sometimes I will eat a sliver of butter by itself if I'm a bit peckish. Obviously she was shocked so I grabbed a thing of Kerrygold, threw it in her basket, and told her that when you are eating REAL butter, it's creamy and sweet and lovey and that she'll understand once she switches.

Two hours later I get the following text, "THAT BUTTER IS THE GOLDEN CRACK OF THE UNIVERSE!"
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    she's been initiated into the cult

long live our golden goddess
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    +499 points!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I too started licking the knife and the wrapper once I switched to Kerrygold butter.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Abyss is offline Senior Member
    Reading these forums makes me sad that I am allergic to butter. I have to satiate myself on coconut oil and bacon grease when that's available. It rarely is since it gets eaten so quickly, hah. I've been meaning to try lard or tallow, but since there are no local livestock, I'll have to get some shipped in if I want grass fed or non-hydrogenated stuff.

Anyways, back on topic... I was in a rush to work one night and so I picked up a salad from a local large convenience store. It was a "garden salad" with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, and lots of croutons which I discarded. On the label was a list of ingredients, and I quote, "Spring leaf, tomatoes, eggs. Contains: eggs."

No mention of the croutons that outmassed the eggs and tomatoes! No wonder CW is fine with bread, it must be literally nothing!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Reading these forums makes me sad that I am allergic to butter. I have to satiate myself on coconut oil and bacon grease when that's available. It rarely is since it gets eaten so quickly, hah. I've been meaning to try lard or tallow, but since there are no local livestock, I'll have to get some shipped in if I want grass fed or non-hydrogenated stuff.
    We can't get either tallow or fresh lard here, but I find pot-roasting fatty meat like brisket or pork shoulder provides plenty of fat to save for later use.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Or you go buy a porc shoulder with the skin and fat still on, the more the merrier. Peel off the skin and most of the fat, chunk it up into crouton sized bits and slowly fry up the whole mess in a pot, as the fat melts spoon it out into a jar.

This will produce a goodly amount of rendered porc lard and if you keep the heat low and dont burn the remains, you will have the tastiest porc popcorn to nibble on.

I do this about once a month as money allows and I have a 1 liter jar of lard to cook with and it be tasty.

Also if you ever crave popcorn for real, making the popcorn in the lard is very yummy, you get less kernals left over than with butter for some reason and yeah different but delish.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for pork shoulder, that's a great idea! Unfortunately all of the food (except local fish and crab) is shipped here so even finding such a shoulder might be difficult.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Allergic to butter? Is it a casein or lactose allergy? Maybe try making butter from another animal's milk? Just a thought.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a histamine response to a hormone from the mother cow. Clarified butter might be safe but since I get two weeks of discomfort for consuming dairy, I have not yet tried. I believe that it is safe for me to consume goat dairy, but I've only found goat cheese in town so far. The health food store in town is not very large... I'll look into getting some goats butter shipped in if I make an order at a place like US Wellness. Or maybe visit the Asian market.

CW gripe: most of the food shipped in to Juneau follows the SAD! I'm lucky that grass-fed is catching on, but other stuff is still fringe. Good luck getting marrowy bones, for example.