Page 851 of 883 FirstFirst ... 351751801841849850851852853861 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,510 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 851

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    In Canada I go to Marks Work Wearhouse for their store brand jeans. They fit my legs beautifully, they last longer than the name brands and are 1/3 the price. They are made to work in so they fit better and they have a huge range of sizes. I am also down to a size 40 waist from a 52 so I get all giggly when I shop.
    AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT!! You deserve dem jeans, Bear! :3

The MDA drunk: drunk posting warning. I feel like I should add a caveat; this is my Saturday afternoon!

Lottie92 is offline Member
    What is all this herbalife shit?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Herbal life has been around forever, they are a supplement based company that dipped into he weightloss industry. Basically, you take a gazzilion pills a day, but they give you an pill organizer!!! Head:desk
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

wwgd is offline Member
    My MIL is always clipping newspaper articles & giving them to me & my wife. The last one was "Want to avoid a fight with a spouse? Study shows that eating might help." The associated press reported on a study that shows that low blood sugar can cause couples to fight. Okay, thanks for spending money on that. Their recommendations included, "The researchers said eating a candy bar might be good if spouses are about to discuss something touchy." Facealm.

Just an idea...how about avoiding low blood sugar all together by eating right in the first place???

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Or just avoid spouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    I tried a Juice Plus antioxident-whole-food-supplement gummy thing...urggh! Gave me a stomach ache. Decided to eat real food instead.

IHeartJuicing is offline Junior Member
    I'm far from perfect- obviously I dig my juicer although I have gotten lazy as hell lately. But I am always amazed by people who continue to complain about their health and just refuse to listen to anything other than CW! My family is pretty healthy I try not to get too far into the diet thing with them but it takes a toll on me listening to my coworkers every day. I'm about 20 years younger than all of them and they seem to think that their weight gain and health problems are due to middle age and I will go through the same thing. Off the top of my head they have dealt with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, strokes, fibromyalgia, cysts in their breasts, arthritis, issues that led them all to getting hysterectomies, and we are just a group of six women in my department. The sad thing is I realized I had to just keep my mouth shut because they weren't going to take any advice.
    Their daily eats include stuff like peaches and cream instant oatmeal, Fig Newtons, sleeves of crackers, Spaghettios and Ramen, Smart Ones alfredo, honey buns, and then either a Hardees or McDonalds breakfast run somewhere between breakfast and lunch. I'm just amazed because it's all about calories to them- "these microwave pancakes only have 90 calories!" Then they all look at me like, that's good right?! I made one comment like "What really helped me lose 30 pounds was eating low carb." Immediately they just said the classic "everything in moderation" and "I will cut back but never give up."
    The one with arthritis actually mentioned using coconut oil every day and I was really excited, telling everyone yeah I eat a few spoonfuls a day! This morning though my very sweet coworker was telling me she looked at a container of it at the store and it looked very, very unhealthy and she just couldn't buy something like that. The others though are known to have pretty bad attitudes from time to time and since going on the PB I can't help but wonder if it's related to diet. I also work in the offices at a manufacturing based facility and encounter a lot of behavioral issues that seem worse than children. I always wonder if someone has undiagnosed Celiac's or a reaction to some additive when I think about all the junk I see! I wish they would realize the instant noodles might be cheaper now but I see the result of years of it in my department.

Sidenote: I majored in nutrition also, graduated two years ago, in the midst of my BED. So even though I wasn't really getting the message, neither were my professors or peers. Veganism and CW were big. I had never even heard of Paleo/Primal!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IHeartJuicing View Post
    I'm far from perfect- obviously I dig my juicer although I have gotten lazy as hell lately. But I am always amazed by people who continue to complain about their health and just refuse to listen to anything other than CW! My family is pretty healthy I try not to get too far into the diet thing with them but it takes a toll on me listening to my coworkers every day. I'm about 20 years younger than all of them and they seem to think that their weight gain and health problems are due to middle age and I will go through the same thing. Off the top of my head they have dealt with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, strokes, fibromyalgia, cysts in their breasts, arthritis, issues that led them all to getting hysterectomies, and we are just a group of six women in my department. The sad thing is I realized I had to just keep my mouth shut because they weren't going to take any advice.
    Their daily eats include stuff like peaches and cream instant oatmeal, Fig Newtons, sleeves of crackers, Spaghettios and Ramen, Smart Ones alfredo, honey buns, and then either a Hardees or McDonalds breakfast run somewhere between breakfast and lunch. I'm just amazed because it's all about calories to them- "these microwave pancakes only have 90 calories!" Then they all look at me like, that's good right?! I made one comment like "What really helped me lose 30 pounds was eating low carb." Immediately they just said the classic "everything in moderation" and "I will cut back but never give up."
    The one with arthritis actually mentioned using coconut oil every day and I was really excited, telling everyone yeah I eat a few spoonfuls a day! This morning though my very sweet coworker was telling me she looked at a container of it at the store and it looked very, very unhealthy and she just couldn't buy something like that. The others though are known to have pretty bad attitudes from time to time and since going on the PB I can't help but wonder if it's related to diet. I also work in the offices at a manufacturing based facility and encounter a lot of behavioral issues that seem worse than children. I always wonder if someone has undiagnosed Celiac's or a reaction to some additive when I think about all the junk I see! I wish they would realize the instant noodles might be cheaper now but I see the result of years of it in my department.

Sidenote: I majored in nutrition also, graduated two years ago, in the midst of my BED. So even though I wasn't really getting the message, neither were my professors or peers. Veganism and CW were big. I had never even heard of Paleo/Primal!
    Funny, I have thinking about my juicer (the high dollar one in the cabinet I never use), have been thinking about getting it out again..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

IHeartJuicing is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Funny, I have thinking about my juicer (the high dollar one in the cabinet I never use), have been thinking about getting it out again..
    I have been caught up in it trying to get a lot of greens and fix estrogen dominance- I notice a good amount of difference when I do it. Giada's Rise and Shine juice is my go-to. Can't stand her though! And I love Kris Carr and her juice recipes, even though she doesn't eat meat.

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    My friend (as her 16month old is picking up and throwing everything in my house within reach)... *sets down a little tub of goldfish crackers* (kid immediately distracted)... "I just wish they didn't have so much SALT in them, otherwise they'd be so HEALTHY!"