Page 84 of 873 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 84

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    My mom's friend thinks how I'm eating is very unhealthy.

She's obese and diagnosed pre-diabetic. /facepalm
    That is total facepalm. You try to rise above it but its like I WANT other people to "get it" as well. People I know are like hmm when I tell them I am eating all the saturates I can. My friend says I should eat porridge which is what she does sometimes as it is "slow release". I said no, it doesn't fill me up, it makes me fall asleep and tastes like sick anyway. I said "does it really fill you up?" and she said it did. Further probing revealed that 2 hours later she has to eat a cereal bar. I suppose CW would say that is normal and probably healthy - you know "eat little and often" - but to me it isn't good enough to be hungry again that so soon after so I said I'd stick to my eggs/cheese/meat cos that fills me up for over 6 hours. She said it wasn't healthy to go that long without food and that she was concerned about cholesterol. I'm more concerned about rampant crazy blood sugar. Big facepalm - why should you eat if you aren't hungry?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    She said it wasn't healthy to go that long without food
    Don't most people do that every night when they sleep? We're rather obviously designed to make it more than two hours without eating!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Her husband has crohn's and eats grains but no dairy. Go figure that out.
    I know someone with colitis (seems like it's the same family of autoimmune diseases as crohn's and celiac) who doesn't eat dairy, I think on the advice of doctors. If only they also advised cutting out gluten, if not all grains.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    I know someone with colitis (seems like it's the same family of autoimmune diseases as crohn's and celiac) who doesn't eat dairy, I think on the advice of doctors. If only they also advised cutting out gluten, if not all grains.
    You would think they would at least try not eating grains for a period of time and see what happens.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Watched a movie with a friend today, he had chicken and a salad. After the movie, we're walking out the door and he grabs a banana and a yogurt.
    I ask him how he could possibly be hungry already, and he says he isn't, he just needs to "keep his metabolism going".
    Of course I ask him how he's going to burn fat if he always has fresh energy to burn, but he seems to think that 200 calories of sugar every hour or so won't give him enough energy to last the hour.
    Long story short he's not too bright. He actually thinks that he wins the arguments we have.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Rummy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    Kind of like never take financial advice from a guy living in a box, under a bridge...
    I've had to defend how I eat to a lot of skeptical people. Its worn me to the point where I can resist being an evangelist and can peacefully watch people slog down their neolithic agents of disease... HOWEVER... I was beside myself when I heard she said that.

Chicken and salad seems to be the mainstay of people who have kind of got the low carb thing but not the fact that you have to combine it with high fat. That meal sounded like it had no fat in it which was why he grabbed the nana cos he was prob worried he would get hungry again soon.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    That yogurt was not of the low carb variety.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Doctor Oz just had some sort of "nutritionist" on who was critiquing the meal choices of some of the viewers and giving them "healthier" options.

One of the viewers came up with a baked potato with sour cream and butter. Now, I saw this coming from a mile away, but I still couldn't supres my disgust when the nutritionist said that the real problem wasn't the baked potato, but the butter and sour cream. She then proceeded to suggest that the lady use black bean hummus and light sour cream instead. That's the point when I swore at the TV.

As we all know here, the real problem with that meal was that the potato (which could have itself been improved had it been a sweet potato) didn't have enough butter and sour cream.

LOL get this. My boss told me that one of the other (female of course) managers at work had been told that I was a bit strange as I had been seen eating butter out of the pack. I also do things like drink a bit of double cream and go on about "I'm not eating that as there are not enough saturates in it!". Anyway she has said to him that I may have an eating disorder and maybe I should see someone. LMAO. He laughed and we agreed that I was just unconventional. Anyway, what is funny is that she is around my age and is the type who is always trying to lose weight via the CW methods and is out of shape and looks years older. I consider CW disordered eating and will say that if she ever says anything to me (which she won't cos she is the typical passive-aggressive bad example of female I try to stay away from). I hope I DO get referred to some shrink - I will tell them about saturates and maybe they will be into it too!!