Page 824 of 873 FirstFirst ... 324724774814822823824825826834 ... LastLast
Results 8,231 to 8,240 of 8721

Thread: Funny CW moments page 824

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Blippety, here in the US, McDonalds changed their Happy Meals awhile back. Now, they include a smaller sized portion of fries and apple slices instead of the previous larger-sized fries.

Still, seems funny, as the burger/nuggets and fries are awful.
    I dont get it myself, How can you say these things are awful? I love them, I avoid them but they are of my favorite naughty pleasures.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    So, did you guys see Burger King has 30% reduced fat fries?

Drock is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I dont get it myself, How can you say these things are awful? I love them, I avoid them but they are of my favorite naughty pleasures.
    Awful for you, health wise. .
    I came to Primal/Paleo first to lose weight, but kept up because of the way I feel - amazing.

34/male 5'-5"
    Starting: 249#, 44" waist
    Current: 168#, 30" waist
    Goal: 140ish# or 28ish" waist

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    So, did you guys see Burger King has 30% reduced fat fries?
    I tried them, my sister's boyfriend gave me some. I don't know if we just had a bad batch or what, but there was something WRONG with them. They tasted normal at first but then a horrible aftertaste creeped up on you. It was kind of funny... he gave me some to see if I'd have the same reaction. Then we tried them on my sister and she was like, "I don't know what you two... ew... what IS that?" Yeah, not good.

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Blippety, here in the US, McDonalds changed their Happy Meals awhile back. Now, they include a smaller sized portion of fries and apple slices instead of the previous larger-sized fries.
    And the apple slices are peeled! 😞

If the kid is young enough to still need the peel off due to a choking hazard (as opposed to preference), they shouldn't be familiar enough with McDonalds yet to ask for it... Therefore, IMO, there is no reason they should be eating there. It's almost as easy to stop off at a grocery store!

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I think we can all assume he's never been overweight in his life.
    Agreed!

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I get this: The High Price of Sitting Down

And had to laugh. I've been telling people that for two years now! I also have to wonder if the paragraph about sitting linking to increased blood sugar isn't really just the processed crap that SAD eats while sitting and watching television!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Blippety is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I think we can all assume he's never been overweight in his life.
    Agreed!
    Yep; he stays skinny even though his main source of food is cake (which is apparently perfectly "okay and healthy" because he "isn't fat").

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I have these two friends--they don't know each other--but they keep commenting on my 'food pics' I put on Facebook, about how unhealthy my food supposedly is. I like to snap pictures of meals I made by hand, because I'm proud like that. Anyway, the one friend is vegan, and the other is an anti-GMO person, pro-organic person (which is okay, but she's totally delusional about what's good to eat). Anyway, the vegan always tells me meat is disgusting, and can't imagine why I eat it because it's so bad for my heart health. The organic is always telling me I eat too much dairy and should really go for 'whole grains' or whatever. She says that I should find non-GMO corn, because corn is supposedly good for me.

The "funny" part of this "CW moment" is that the non-GMO friend is overweight and diabetic. The vegan friend is flat out obese, regardless of slaving away at the gym 5 nights per week. I have half a mind to tell them to eff off and talk to me when they can borrow clothes from me.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    The "funny" part of this "CW moment" is that the non-GMO friend is overweight and diabetic. The vegan friend is flat out obese, regardless of slaving away at the gym 5 nights per week. I have half a mind to tell them to eff off and talk to me when they can borrow clothes from me.
    They are both projecting. Obviously they are mad at themselves for not having their own health under control, and the only way they can absolve themselves from their failure is to project that failure onto you.

Sad, but extremely typical. God bless their little hearts.