Page 820 of 873 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 8721

Thread: Funny CW moments page 820

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris T View Post
    Sister announces today that to better her health she is going 100% vegan.

Another one falling for CW. It will not work for her. Our family genetics doesn't do well on a plant based diet. She is not the first one to try. Whatever.

I tell her that and her response to me is that 'what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others'. Duh....again...whatever.

BACON!
    Gah horrible news. Get her a copy of The Vegetarian myth and tell her it is the best how too go vegan book out there. Tell her if she just digs through the start she will find the best advice possible about going vegan.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Vince G is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    I'll be watching you and make sure you comply with your promise
    Well it may be a while. So, as sign of good faith, here is a hummus recipe I literally just made up, and then made it, it's delicious.

Zucchini Hummus

2 zucchini (peeled/chopped)
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup tahini
    1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
    1/4 cup EVOO
    3 Tbsp lemon juice (one lemon)
    1 Tbsp cumin
    salt, pepper

Throw it all in a Ninja and blennnnnd.

Garnish with paprika.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Gah horrible news. Get her a copy of The Vegetarian myth and tell her it is the best how too go vegan book out there. Tell her if she just digs through the start she will find the best advice possible about going vegan.
    Tell her to go to beyondveg.com. Tell her it's a scientific and realistic look into alternative and ancestral diets. Tell her to read Tom Billing's bio if she's really dedicated to this from any ethical standpoint. Tell her it (in combination with other sources) saved my health, my job, and hyperbolically my life (because what do we have if not health and something to do?)

If she's still wanting to be vegan, pray that she's lazy because I was a whole foods vegan, and that's not really viable or healthy. She needs that heavily supplemented vegan junk food. ://

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone...I will give her the information. She has a tendency to do things to extremes.

It won't last. Soon we will be hearing about her struggles with it.

BACON!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Thanks everyone...I will give her the information. She has a tendency to do things to extremes.

It won't last. Soon we will be hearing about her struggles with it.

BACON!
    Haha good. The reason I listed Billings is his bio is all about his experiences since the 70s on extreme vegan diets. Perfect.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    So gave her the information and tried having a conversation with her about it and it blew up.

She thinks I don't support her. She thinks I am judging her. She facebooked about it and has A LOT of supporters. Got heated on facebook when I chimed in about it not being good for her.

She is thinner than me so has it in her head that she is healthier than me. Whatever.

It was a mess, so I am staying out of it with her. Her life. She will learn on her own.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

So gave her the information and tried having a conversation with her about it and it blew up.

She thinks I don't support her. She thinks I am judging her. She facebooked about it and has A LOT of supporters. Got heated on facebook when I chimed in about it not being good for her.

She is thinner than me so has it in her head that she is healthier than me. Whatever.

It was a mess, so I am staying out of it with her. Her life. She will learn on her own.
    It's funny how we have piles of threads about unsupportive folks, but when someone adopts an unhealthy sacrificial diet, everyone has their back. Eh, I it's like you said and she doesn't stick with things, it's probably for the best. That way, she has to learn for herself what's right, and it'll stick better

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    It's funny how we have piles of threads about unsupportive folks, but when someone adopts an unhealthy sacrificial diet, everyone has their back. Eh, I it's like you said and she doesn't stick with things, it's probably for the best. That way, she has to learn for herself what's right, and it'll stick better
    The woo of the network of vegan diet and health misinformation out there is strong. To say it is a "conspiracy" is not exaggerating.

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    anyone else find facebook an evil place ?
    seems every story I hear there goes bad.
    (not a member,,, )
    yeah, I know, only bad news makes the news.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Sister announces today that to better her health she is going 100% vegan.

Another one falling for CW. It will not work for her. Our family genetics doesn't do well on a plant based diet. She is not the first one to try. Whatever.

I tell her that and her response to me is that 'what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others'. Duh....again...whatever.

BACON!
    Somewhere, I posted a success story on here, with pics of me from my vegan days looking fat and old and better pics of me today, a meat eater. Show her those. Maybe she will reconsider.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!