Page 819 of 877 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 819

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    Haha what a load of cw cr*p. I have low blood pressure to the point that doctors always comment on it. I add salt (the pink Celtic stuff) to every meal and always have and don't understand why it's feared. People I know who have kids seem to be terrified of their kids ingesting ANY salt. I'm talking to the point of being afraid of salted butter-not advocating covering kids food in salt. My opinion-it's probably partly genetic anyway.
    I am the same way. My naturpath keeps commenting on my low blood pressure. I use tons of pink salt on and in my food. I eat a ton of animal fat and saturated fat from coconut. I eat meat and lots of eggs. Shouldn't my blood pressure be through the roof according to CW? Not sure about the genetics part either because high blood pressure is rampant in my family.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I am the same way. My naturpath keeps commenting on my low blood pressure. I use tons of pink salt on and in my food. I eat a ton of animal fat and saturated fat from coconut. I eat meat and lots of eggs. Shouldn't my blood pressure be through the roof according to CW? Not sure about the genetics part either because high blood pressure is rampant in my family.
    No not how it works.
    Think of the salt as a catalyst in an already broken system.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    It's not the salt you put ON your food but the CW salt that they must put IN the food to make CW SAD crap taste like anything decent. I can hardly gag down a hotdog anymore because of the loaded salt content and I am always dehydrated the next day and thirsty as all get out. They load it with sugar to make it palatable and addictive, they load it with salt to counter the sugar and to make you want more to drink (sugary drinks), they load it with preservatives to keep it around for weeks and months and they load it with chemicals that mimic what nature does (mouth "feel," satisfaction - look up PGPR and Hershey's).

It ceases to be food at some point.

I always tell people to NOT salt their steak when they go out to eat at a chain. If their steak tastes "salty" it's been bladed or injected with a brining solution and most likely has a higher incidence of salmonella or some killer bacteria or virus. Killer, because most of the meat that has been brined or injected comes from CAFO that routinely feed anti-biotics to their cattle prophylacticly, thereby causing the germs injected into the meat to be resistant strains of said bacteria or virii.

Big culprit here on the East Coast is C & C Meats. I don't like to shop or go to a place that buys from them... and that's pretty much everyone.

On the flip side, I was thrown from a horse onto frozen ground and broke a rib. When I went in to get seen, they kept asking me (49 years last week) if I was on statins or high blood pressure meds because my BP... in severe pain, was only 115/68. And my heart rate only 56.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Vince G is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    They've obviously never had meatza.
    Mmmmmm.... meeeeeaaaattttzzzaaaaa.

Also, I made a pizza crust out of cauliflower recently. It was nearly perfect. Another couple of tries and I plan to unleash upon my CW friends. I can't WAIT to rub it in their faces... hmmm... possibly literally.

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    how about a recipe for that cauliflower crust ? ? ?
    please ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilc11 View Post
    how about a recipe for that cauliflower crust ? ? ?
    please ?
    Ha! I know, right?! What a slacker! I knew this was coming.

Here is a link to the place I got my idea from. 21 Paleo Pizza Recipes with No Grains, But Plenty of Flavor
    I used mostly the first one. But it's trial and error. Once I have it perfected, I PROMISE I will post it here in the forums. Everyone else should do the same!

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince G View Post
    Ha! I know, right?! What a slacker! I knew this was coming.

Here is a link to the place I got my idea from. 21 Paleo Pizza Recipes with No Grains, But Plenty of Flavor
    I used mostly the first one. But it's trial and error. Once I have it perfected, I PROMISE I will post it here in the forums. Everyone else should do the same!
    I'll be watching you and make sure you comply with your promise

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Sister announces today that to better her health she is going 100% vegan.

Another one falling for CW. It will not work for her. Our family genetics doesn't do well on a plant based diet. She is not the first one to try. Whatever.

I tell her that and her response to me is that 'what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others'. Duh....again...whatever.

BACON!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris T View Post
    Sister announces today that to better her health she is going 100% vegan.

Another one falling for CW. It will not work for her. Our family genetics doesn't do well on a plant based diet. She is not the first one to try. Whatever.

I tell her that and her response to me is that 'what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others'. Duh....again...whatever.

BACON!
    Gah horrible news. Get her a copy of The Vegetarian myth and tell her it is the best how too go vegan book out there. Tell her if she just digs through the start she will find the best advice possible about going vegan.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    I'll be watching you and make sure you comply with your promise
    Well it may be a while. So, as sign of good faith, here is a hummus recipe I literally just made up, and then made it, it's delicious.

Zucchini Hummus

2 zucchini (peeled/chopped)
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup tahini
    1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
    1/4 cup EVOO
    3 Tbsp lemon juice (one lemon)
    1 Tbsp cumin
    salt, pepper

Throw it all in a Ninja and blennnnnd.

Garnish with paprika.