Page 817 of 873 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 817

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would start with talking -- maybe at a group session or counseling. He needs to understand that what he is doing is hurting you, and there are probably some things that he needs you to understand too.

If you can make it look like you are doing this for me it might be a better approach. It sounds like you are trying to get him to come along on your Primal journey because it has done such a good thing for you, and you want him to be healthy too. It sounds like it's not something he's interested in doing for himself, because as you said, he enjoys his lifestyle the way it is. But if you can communicate that it's something that would make you very happy, do it for the sake of loving you and so on, it could be a place to start. Even walking for 10 minutes a day could make a difference, say it's something you want to do for 'alone time' with him where you can just chat without the distractions of the world (hard to chat in a car, or near a TV set).

And I will say again, communicating this to him is very important. Appeal to his best person, he probably doesn't know that it is hurting you or worrying you. Some people are not future-thinkers and don't consider this stuff, so people like you need to remind them, they will otherwise just do short-term decisions without thinking of the long run. I also say this because this is a public forum, and although unlikely, it is possible that he may see these posts. It is always better to hear about a problem from the 'horse's mouth' rather than finding out through someone else, and with the public forum it would be like you are talking to everyone but him. He might feel singled out.

Who knows? I don't know enough about your situation or the people involved, but these are just some of my ideas.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I just noticed this, but our shoppette, which is the second closest food source next to Pizza Hut from work after the dining facility closes, has a aisle with a "be fit (r) healthy choices for a healthy lifestyle" sign for the low fat junk foods: "cracker chips," bars, fruit chews, frosted and flavoured cereal, granola, pop tarts. You know, healthy stuff...

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I just noticed this, but our shoppette, which is the second closest food source next to Pizza Hut from work after the dining facility closes, has a aisle with a "be fit (r) healthy choices for a healthy lifestyle" sign for the low fat junk foods: "cracker chips," bars, fruit chews, frosted and flavoured cereal, granola, pop tarts. You know, healthy stuff...
    Since when were these ever heathy? Wow.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Had another teacher ask me about my allergy today. I gave 'em the boilerplate "if it isn't meat, veggies, fruit, or rice, I can't eat it." They looked shocked and said "You can't have pizza?! Wow, that really sucks."
    o.O
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Had another teacher ask me about my allergy today. I gave 'em the boilerplate "if it isn't meat, veggies, fruit, or rice, I can't eat it." They looked shocked and said "You can't have pizza?! Wow, that really sucks."
    o.O
    Gods does it ever. ......
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    o.O
    I've had people say, "I'd kill myself if I couldn't eat pizza."

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I've had people say, "I'd kill myself if I couldn't eat pizza."
    To which I like to reply: "At the rate you eat pizza, you're well on your way."
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    My response would be, "No, you wouldn't."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    They got a shrug and "pain is not my friend. "
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    BWAAA HAAA HAAA....that one hit my funny bone!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150