Page 800 of 881 FirstFirst ... 300700750790798799800801802810850 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 8802

Thread: Funny CW moments page 800

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    So this holidaze period has been a regular minefield of gluten exposure and I feel awful. Bread stuffing in the turkey that exposed the drippings that was then basted on the turkey... The salad made for me and one other was mixed in the same bowl as everyone else's with home made croutons...... The chocolate fountain which I got the chocolate for was mixed with canola oil 50 50 so it would flow better. aarrrrggghhhh. Someone ate all the gluten free coconut macaroons before I knew they were out. they were on the marked plate.

last night at my moms place she was complaining that my sister was being ridiculous about complaining she had been exposed. My sis is a huge drama lama and likely quite insane but she gets as sick as I do from gluten. Mom claims she was careful just like she was last night for me but there was more bread stuffing, flour in the gravy flour in the dessert and flour in the sides. One spoon to work them all.....

I was careful, but how can you explain to people who dont get it? now I am sitting here in pain for the next few days and I need to figure out how to explain this to my mom, I dont know how much longer I will have them and want to see them.
    If they don't get it, then take and make your own food. The victim thing is annoying. The thought of banishing your family over food is worse.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Two ladies behind me at the market, reading the label on a package of something.

1 "Even though it advertizes made with turbinado sugar', that's way down in the ingredients list, and cane sugar is up at the top."

2 "At least it is organic sugar."

1 "But it is still sugar." I give her a mental thumbs up until...she continues: "At least turbinado sugar has the healthy molasses stuff in it."

I restrained myself from saying "But it is STILL sugar."

But I wanted to!!!!

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds - YouTube

Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds with Tom Naughton. He did Fathead. This is a new speech. I'm watching it now on Youtube.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was out and about with a friend and we stopped to get lunch at some hippie food joint. The employee was trying to cajole me into tasting some tofustrosity. "It has tofu and soy cheese and *rattles off several veggies.* What could make it any better?" I look him dead in the eye and say "meat and no soy." He looked like I'd shot his grandmother.
    7000 pointz. Shamelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I used to get this all the time with my food issues. Sulfites (wine) and sodium nitrite (processed meats) both give me a migraine for 3 days. And I had a lot of people that would "show me" that it was all in my mind by marinating in wine or making a sauce with it and not telling me. The alcohol cooks out anyway, right? Except my issue was never with the alcohol portion.

If at all possible, I would do the whole "brave soldier" thing the next day and let them see me, no makeup and squinting in the light, just so they could see the pain I was dealing with. That's when I would often get the admission of "Oh, we just thought you were making it up and put some wine in the sauce. Sorry." And they rarely made that mistake again.

Keep in mind, I'm not against people cooking with wine or throwing bacon into the recipe. I have no problem just avoiding those foods. It's not a big deal. I'm just against people saying it isn't there when I ask or including it on purpose because they think I'm making it up and want to prove me wrong.
    .___________________________0

I have NOTHING intelligent to say to these folks.

Liquid Gusto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    yeah no. Mom would just be upset but she would not understand why or how to fix it.
    It is tough. I have a Mom who loves to cook for me and is always adapting recipes for me. I know sometimes at first it was hard for her if I didn't feel comfortable eating something or got sick, especially after her going through extra effort for me, but luckily she never doubted me. She would apologize and brainstorm where she went wrong.

Could you tell your Mom that her food is really delicious, but you think you've been getting cross contamination despite all of her hard work? You can't quite figure out why. (Makes it less of blaming her and more of an "our problem" situation) Then, ask if you could buy some pots, pans, utensils, cooking instruments for her to use that would be devoted to allergy friendly foods. You could get some obnoxious colors so there would be no mistaking it!

You could also fib and say you went to the dr and the dr said it seems you're still getting gluten somewhere. You couldn't think of where because you have devoted cookware for allergy free cooking. The doctor said that's great, but EVERYONE who cooks for you needs to do what they can to avoid cross contaminating your food. If that's not an option s/he recommends you prepare and bring your own meals. Unfortunately, sometimes people take what doctors say more seriously than people's self reports of how they feel.

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    LOL my mother-in-law got me a Gluten Free Cooking mag, and it actually has some interesting recipes in it... but then invites us over for Christmas Eve dinner and it's spaghetti.... with French silk pie (pie crust) as dessert. I made hubs stop at the store to pick up rice pasta so I didn't have to have JUST wine for dinner... I almost forgot about that until just now!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Me? Buy stuff? oh hahahahha no. I will scavange stuff from other peoples garbage though. Buy? funny.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

On a menu posted outside a crepe shop:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1388896439.611020.jpg

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    At family lunch today (awesome spread by the way) there was discussion over whether the spread was margarine or butter.

Mum: It's butter, hostess (my sister) doesn't believe in margarine.
    Brother in law (taking a smidgen): Butter's gonna kill you.