Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 797 of 923 FirstFirst ... 297697747787795796797798799807847897 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 9222

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaggz View Post
    Currently sitting at work, listening to a "good old boy" tell another employee about his Christmas dinner:

"Well, we had a good Cajun Christmas. We had white beans and rice, cornbread, good gravy, deep fried turkey and deep fried ham. And Jambalaya! Ooooh bebe it was SO SO good." (jambalaya = sausage/chicken/seafood combo with veggies in rice made with a flour roux)

I don't think I have to tell you what shape he's in....

I also mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was gluten free, and then had to explain what gluten was, and why I wasn't eating all the cookies and crackers people were sending the company for Christmas. Now I just keep my mouth shut and people at work don't invite me to lunch when they go because I'm "the healthy girl who eats salads".
    When you get to go, rock their would with a steak, bacon etc. Lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Oh it's alright, I don't want to go to lunch with them anyway. The places they go to for lunch aren't places I would go if given a choice, I always know the food I bring from home is unprocessed and high quality, who knows what these "restaurants" cook their food in!!! After my boss made fun of me for being "vegan", "vegetarian", "ohhh do you want a donut? they're organic!" (hint: they weren't), I just stopped telling people anything about my diet and ate in private, because it's just easier.

The South is a tough place to make good food choices, y'all. They're always going to be the last to change, in regards to ANYTHING. Took this CT Yankee a little while to figure it out.

Oh it's alright, I don't want to go to lunch with them anyway. The places they go to for lunch aren't places I would go if given a choice, I always know the food I bring from home is unprocessed and high quality, who knows what these "restaurants" cook their food in!!! After my boss made fun of me for being "vegan", "vegetarian", "ohhh do you want a donut? they're organic!" (hint: they weren't), I just stopped telling people anything about my diet and ate in private, because it's just easier.

The South is a tough place to make good food choices, y'all. They're always going to be the last to change, in regards to ANYTHING. Took this CT Yankee a little while to figure it out.
    The Midwest is a hold out for CW too. The only good news about that is smart folks like my mom and grandparents never really went super low fat when all that kicked in. We had 2% milk when I was growing up, but switched to organic whole milk as soon as it was available in grocery stores. Although I did have to explain that no wheat doesn't exactly mean scrape off the breading...

I'm a Multi-state Yankee (NY, NJ, OH, WA, OR, and Northern CA), but I agree. My landlord asked me what I thought of New Orleans, and I told him that mostly it was fine, but that sometimes I felt like I was living in a third world country.

That said, if I were invited to a good old fashioned Cajun Christmas (with no children running around screaming), I'd probably accept just for the experience.

This is my third Christmas without my traditional lasagna (my family's traditional yummy for the day of Christmas), and I'm surprised that I don't miss it. I keep thinking, "next Christmas," or "next birthday," but then it gets close and I put it off for another year.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I had a sad CW Christmas moment.
    My aunt, who is 69, overweight and sickly, has been impressed by my weightloss and keeps saying that she should "do like" me.
    For Christmas dinner she brought home some pâté/meat spread, saying that she didn't want to have it home for fear of eating too much.
    My mother quipped in: "It's not the bread that makes you fat, it what you spread on it!"
    This, after my losing over 35 pounds on what I call the "butter diet" (a shortcut for my family).
    My aunt added that she would try to cut on meat, pâtés and sausages next year.
    Err, what part of "I lost 35 pounds by cutting out grains and sugar" didn't she get??? Apparently, every word, because her gift to me contained biscuits!

"She doesn't eat steak, she eats healthy."

Quote Originally Posted by liquid gusto View Post
    "she doesn't eat steak, she eats healthy."
    0_0

GIVE ME THE STEAK AND NO ONE GETS HURT.

^that was supposed to be in caps lock cruise control.
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 12-31-2013 at 04:15 AM.

**spears steak onto plate**
    With true sincerity: "Oh, that has to be rough on that poor thing. I'm happy what I need to feel healthy includes steak."

Quote Originally Posted by SidonieR View Post
    I had a sad CW Christmas moment.
    My aunt, who is 69, overweight and sickly, has been impressed by my weightloss and keeps saying that she should "do like" me.
    For Christmas dinner she brought home some pâté/meat spread, saying that she didn't want to have it home for fear of eating too much.
    My mother quipped in: "It's not the bread that makes you fat, it what you spread on it!"
    This, after my losing over 35 pounds on what I call the "butter diet" (a shortcut for my family).
    My aunt added that she would try to cut on meat, pâtés and sausages next year.
    Err, what part of "I lost 35 pounds by cutting out grains and sugar" didn't she get??? Apparently, every word, because her gift to me contained biscuits!
    My family gets confused too. They know meats have fat.... Which in their minds means will make you fat. And then they have bought into the whole "Whole Grains" are good for you thing and corn is a healthy veggie. They just can't get that eating this way produces these great weight loss and healthy results. Let me know if you can figure out how to get through to them!

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Shop Now
    Not funny moment: yesterday, my dad passionately exclaimed that all fats that solidify at room temperature are bad for you. I kept my mouth shut.
    Depression Lies