Page 797 of 871 FirstFirst ... 297697747787795796797798799807847 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 797

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Line assembler?
    That works. Then they can put "Assembly Line Worker" on a resume...could probably unionize.

Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Is there some rule I am missing that says vegan food cannot be cooked?
    Magnolia stated it was raw vegan. Raw to me says not cooked. So in other cases no, but in this case yes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That works. Then they can put "Assembly Line Worker" on a resume...could probably unionize.

Magnolia stated it was raw vegan. Raw to me says not cooked. So in other cases no, but in this case yes.
    Ahh, thank you! Reading this thread on my phone, easy to miss the fine points such as that one!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Owen is offline Senior Member

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Feel so sorry for raw vegans. Who would choose that?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had a friend that went raw vegan for a time. We were both bringing salads to work. Mine was in essentially a giant mixing bowl with a lid. Hers was in a little tupperware container that not even my chicken would have fit in. Mine had greens, 'cado, bacon, chicken, tomato, carrot, cuke, and half the fridge in it. Hers had lettuce, tomato, carrot, and some sort of raw nut "for the protein."
    Guess whose salad the guys were drooling over.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Huh, I didn't realize the "raw" in "raw vegan" meant uncooked--I thought it was more along the lines of ... "unaltered", as in, no pesticides used to grow the food or something like that.

How does that not get incredibly boring, incredibly fast?

Edit - I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it does indeed mean uncooked (or at least partly).

"I learned something today!" - Kyle
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 12-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    Feel so sorry for raw vegans. Who would choose that?
    They believe that raw fruit, vegetables, nuts, grains, and beans contain enzymes which are intended to help us digest the plant, and that heating anything destroys these enzymes. So they use special equipment, like low temp dehydrators to make "crackers" from raw grains and seeds without cooking the ingredients in the process. The special equipment and time it takes means that most people can't consider preparing food this way. Therefore home cooking is not an option for those who want fancy raw vegan food.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    They believe that raw fruit, vegetables, nuts, grains, and beans contain enzymes which are intended to help us digest the plant, and that heating anything destroys these enzymes. So they use special equipment, like low temp dehydrators to make "crackers" from raw grains and seeds without cooking the ingredients in the process. The special equipment and time it takes means that most people can't consider preparing food this way. Therefore home cooking is not an option for those who want fancy raw vegan food.
    One of my friends is not raw vegan, but hangs out with people in that kind of scene. I dont see them often but I visited for a few days recently and every morning as well as a fried egg (they was horrified of my request for scambled because "you have to have raw yolk!") they made a giant juce drink in a seriously heavy duty industrial juicer. Basically an entire weeks supply of vegetables went in one end, and a pint glass of sludge came out the other which they downed in one. I had a small glass to try it - perhaps 1/4 pint or less - and I felt like I had had serious greens overload. It included apples, stinging nettles, spinach, rocket, blueberries, carrots, kale, and any amount of other stuff, all raw. I was not sure raw kale and stinging nettles were that great an idea.

They also once took me to a restaurant that had an extensive raw vegan selection. I tried the soup which was tasty but utterly unfilling, and crackers made from seeds pressed and dried which were weird. And a juice on the side. Luckily for me it was inbetween mealtimes!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Ironically, raw vegan desserts are delicious and almost paleo. Also very expensive. The cashiers at the local health food store probably think I'm vegan. XD I buy my meat directly from a farm.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I've had people ask if I was vegetarian so many times in so many hilarious ways. For example:

The cashier right before she picks up the giant bags of shrimp and fish.

A guy in my new section at work while I was eating beef stew. Didn't understand that one; I just looked at him funny and showed him my bowl.

My new squad leader which lucky for him, wasn't around food at the time. We did have a long conversation on nutrition afterwards. Though, now he wants me to lecture the squad, which I don't feel comfortable doing because I certainly don't like people lecturing me on what I eat, and theirs tends to be less controversial, if wrong.