Page 78 of 880 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 78

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was in a grocery store in rural East Texas a few months back, my wife and I were going on a camping trip and buying some groceries for the weekend. I was walking through the store in my Vibrams and I overheard an elderly couple nearby discussing my footwear.

Old woman: Honey, look at them things on his feet!
    Old man: Mabel... Hush it ain't polite, he must have some sorta back or foot problems need correctin'

I just smiled to myself.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I finally have a CW moment to share,

I was sitting in a office cubicle farm (not my normal office) and overheard a conversation from a few cubes over, someone explaining the essentials of nutrition to someone else:

"Trans-fats are made by essentially whipping other fats into saturated fats, so you can imagine just how bad they are for you."

I believe neither the sound of head hitting the desk nor muffled chuckles made it over their way...I hope.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Dang... a mere 20 minutes after my last post.

A co-worker brings in leftover Easter cookies. Basically sugar cookies shaped like ducks and rabbits, coated in yellow and pink sugar. An overweight co-worker was reaching to get one, hesitated, then said "I better not, I bet these were made with butter".

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    Dang... a mere 20 minutes after my last post.

A co-worker brings in leftover Easter cookies. Basically sugar cookies shaped like ducks and rabbits, coated in yellow and pink sugar. An overweight co-worker was reaching to get one, hesitated, then said "I better not, I bet these were made with butter".
    If they were, I'd be shocked it wasn't shortening.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Shudder: There is a posting on a local running FB blog "HAve you ever tried sweetening your coffee with GU <energy>gels." And the sad part is the responses:

"I've had a chocolate mint GU after dinner once when I wanted something sweet

"Apple Cinnamon Hammer gel is good on waffles. I wanna try it on ice cream too. Have put choc mint GU on cookies before

This is just nauseating to me. For those not familiar with GU it is a largely carbohydrate substance with some electrolytes in it. I use them....if I ever start running again I'll use them on runs over 18 miles or in races. PB or not, I think GU has its uses. BUT....

They. are. nasty.

They either have the consistency of toothpaste or more often snot depending on the flavor. And they are expensive. Seriously, if you are going to sweeten your coffee, icecream, waffles or cookies - get a jar of Hershey's or torani or maplesyrup and be done with it. Why use this nasty stuff.

I think its like the gatorade craze. If it is marketed to use during athletic events, and if it has a role in athletic events, then somehow it must be a health supplement.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    I think its like the gatorade craze. If it is marketed to use during athletic events, and if it has a role in athletic events, then somehow it must be a health supplement.
    Gatorade is very useful for keeping me from passing out on hot, hot days or when I'm being VERY active. Other than that...nope.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    A friend of mine is trying to lose a little weight for his upcoming wedding (he's actually in pretty great shape, just wants to lose that last bit of excess belly fat) and he decided to ask me for dietary advice since I've lost about 50 pounds in the last year. I explained the principles of primal to him, and he agreed to give it a shot.

The next day, he informs me what he's eaten so far and asks if he's doing it right: "I had a Slim Fast for breakfast and bean soup with an orange for lunch."

Sigh.

Granted, I sat him down after that and explained everything to him again, and he finally understood, starting the next day with three eggs, strawberries, and Greek yoghurt. He's already down a few pounds.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I don't answer those questions anymore. I just write down "Why We Get Fat" and "The Primal Blueprint" - and the rest is up to them.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    ..."Apple Cinnamon Hammer gel is good on waffles."...
    Am I the only one who thought that said 'Apple Cinnamon Hamster Gel'?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Gatorade is very useful for keeping me from passing out on hot, hot days or when I'm being VERY active. Other than that...nope.
    Gatorade is nasty, Kool-aid is disgusting (unless it's that blue flavor), and "energy" crap ain't worth the can it's in (exceptions: BAWLS and Penguin Mints.) I was that way when I was little too. If I need something for a REALLY hot day, I'll bust out the honey ginger iced green tea. Same goes for a REALLY HEAVY workout.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome